HAMILTON, BERMUDA, May 8, 2017 - DHT Holdings, Inc. (NYSE:DHT) ("DHT" or the "Company") today announced:
FINANCIAL AND OPERATIONAL HIGHLIGHTS:
|USD mill. (except per share)||Q1 2017||Q4 2016||Q3 2016||Q2 2016||Q1 2016||2016||2015|
|Adjusted Net Revenue1||70.7||67.0||50.3||83.2||90.2||290.7||296.3|
|EPS - basic||0.15||0.19||(0.81)||0.38||0.34||0.10||1.13|
|EPS - diluted3||0.15||0.18||(0.81)||0.34||0.30||0.10||1.04|
|Interest Bearing Debt||674.6||701.5||684.9||613.1||654.4||701.5||662.5|
|Unscheduled off hire7||0.2%||5.5%||0.84%||0.29%||0.27%||1.8%||0.20%|
|Scheduled off hire7||2.4%||0.9%||5.06%||1.70%||0.00%||1.7%||0.50%|
HIGHLIGHTS OF THE QUARTER:
- Adjusted EBITDA for the quarter of $50.6 million. Net income for the quarter of $14.3 million or $0.15 per basic share. After adjusting for an impairment charge totaling $7.5 million related to the sale of DHT Ann and DHT Phoenix, net income is $21.8 million or $0.23 per basic share.
- The Company's VLCCs achieved time charter equivalent earnings of $40,100 per day in the first quarter of 2017 of which the Company's VLCCs on time-charter earned $38,800 per day and the Company's VLCCs operating in the spot market achieved $40,900 per day.
- For the first quarter of 2017, the Company will return $15.1 million to shareholders, equating to 69% of net income adjusted for the $7.5 million impairment charge. The return of capital is comprised of $5.0 million of buy-back of convertible senior notes and $10.1 million, or $0.08 per share, as cash dividends payable on May 31, 2017 for shareholders of record as of May 22, 2017.
- In March DHT entered into an agreement with BW Group Limited ("BW") for the acquisition of BW's VLCC fleet. The fleet consists of 11 VLCCs, including two newbuildings due for delivery in 2018. BW's VLCC fleet has a value of approximately $538 million at prevailing broker valuations. DHT is financing the acquisition by issuing approximately $256 million of DHT stock to BW at $5.37 per share. DHT will also pay BW Group $177.4 million in cash and assume approximately $104.2 million in remaining capex related to the two newbuildings. The cash requirements associated with the purchase will be financed with bank debt. Following delivery of all vessels and novation of newbuilding contracts, BW will own approximately 33.5% of the company. DHT has to date taken delivery of 7 of the vessels and novated the two newbuilding contracts. A total of about 31.2 million shares of common stock have been issued to BW to date. DHT expects the remaining 2 vessels to be delivered during the second quarter. As a result of the acquisition, DHT will have a fleet with an average age of 6.9 years, consisting of 30 VLCCs (including four newbuildings for delivery in 2018), and two Aframaxes.
- The Board of Directors of DHT expanded the size of the board by one director and appointed BW's designee, Mr. Carsten Mortensen, CEO of BW Group.
- In April 2017, the Company entered into a six year term loan and revolving credit facility agreement totaling $300.0 million, of which $74.0 is a revolving credit facility, with ABN Amro, DNB and Nordea for the financing of the cash portion of the acquisition of BW's VLCC fleet as well as the remaining installments under the two newbuilding contracts. $204.0 million is expected to be drawn in connection with the delivery of the nine vessels in the water and the remaining $96.0 million in connection with the delivery of the two newbuildings in the second quarter of 2018. Borrowings bear interest at a rate equal to Libor + 2.40% and are repayable with quarterly installments calculated based on the borrowings being repaid to zero assuming a 20 year economic life for the vessels.
- On January 16, 2017 the Company took delivery of the last of its six VLCC newbuildings ordered from HHI in 2013 and 2014. The vessel is named DHT Tiger and is trading in the spot market.
- In February 2017, we agreed to the sale of DHT Phoenix for a price $19.1 million. The vessel is expected to be delivered to the buyers in the second quarter of 2017 and is expected to retire from the trading fleet. The vessel is debt free. We recorded a book loss of about $3.5 million in the first quarter 2017 in connection with the sale.
- In March 2017, we agreed to the sale of DHT Ann, a 2001 built VLCC, for a price $24.8 million. The vessel was delivered to the buyers in May 2017 and is expected to retire from the trading fleet. About $13.3 million of bank debt, which has been recorded as current portion of long term debt as of March 31, 2017, was repaid in connection with the sale. The company recorded a book loss of about $4.0 million in the first quarter 2017 related to the sale.
- In January 2017 DHT entered into an agreement with HHI for the construction of two VLCCs of 318,000 dwt scheduled for delivery in July and September 2018. The newbuilding contracts will be financed with cash at hand and bank debt.
- In February 2017, we obtained a financing commitment totaling $82.5 million to fund the acquisition of the two VLCC newbuildings ordered from HHI in January 2017 through a secured term credit facility with DNB and Nordea. The credit facility is divided 50/50 between a term loan and a revolving credit facility, will be for a five-year term and borrowings will bear interest at a rate equal to LIBOR plus a margin of 250 basis points. Borrowings are repayable with quarterly installments calculated based on the borrowings being repaid to zero assuming a 20 year economic life for the vessels.
- DHT has a fleet of 30 VLCCs, 26 in the water and four under construction, as well as two Aframaxes. Seven of the VLCCs and the two Aframaxes are on fixed rate time charters. For more details on the fleet, please refer to our web site: http://dhtankers.com/index.php?name=About_DHT%2FFleet.html.
The full report can be found on the link below
1Net of voyage expenses.
2Q1 2017 includes and impairment charge of $7.5 million related to the sale of DHT Ann and DHT Phoenix. Q3 2016 includes an impairment charge of $76.6 million. Q1 2016 includes an impairment charge of $8.1 million related to the sale of the DHT Target. 2016 includes total impairment charges of $84.7 million. 2015 include a loss of $0.8 million related to the sale of the DHT Trader.
3Diluted shares include the dilutive effect of the convertible senior notes and restricted shares granted to management and members of the board of directors.
4The cash balance as of December 31, 2016 includes $48.7 million relating to the financing for DHT Tiger which was drawn in 2016 in advance of the delivery of the DHT Tiger on January 16, 2017. The cash balance as of December 31, 2015 includes $50.0 million relating to the financing for DHT Leopard which was drawn on December 29, 2015 in advance of the delivery of the DHT Leopard on January 4, 2016.
5Per common share.
6Q1 2017 includes 11 VLCCs (incl. two newbuildings) acquired from BW Group of which 9 are expected to be delivered in Q2 2017. Q4 2016 includes three newbuildings totaling 937,900 dwt; one of which was delivered on January 16, 2017 and two scheduled to be delivered in Q3 2018. Q1 and Q2 2016 include three newbuildings totaling 899,700 dwt to be delivered in Q3-Q4 2016. Q4 2015 and 2015 include five newbuildings totaling 1,499,500 dwt to be delivered in 2016.
7As % of total operating days in period.
EARNINGS CONFERENCE CALL AND WEBCAST INFORMATION
The company will host a conference call and webcast which will include a slide presentation at 10:00 a.m. EDT/16:00 CET on Tuesday May 9, 2017 to discuss the results for the quarter.
All shareholders and other interested parties are invited to join the conference call, which may be accessed by calling 1 718 354 1158 within the United States, 23162729 within Norway and +44 20 3450 9987 for international callers. The passcode is "DHT" or "2928368".
The webcast which will include a slide presentation will be available on the following link:
http://edge.media-server.com/m/p/jfoocqae and can also be accessed in the Investor Relations section on DHT's website at http://www.dhtankers.com.
An audio replay of the conference call will be available through May 15, 2017. To access the replay, dial 1 347 366 9565 within the United States, 21000498 within Norway or +44 20 3427 0598 for international callers and enter 2928368# as the pass code.
ABOUT DHT HOLDINGS, INC.
DHT is an independent crude oil tanker company. Our fleet trades internationally and consists of crude oil tankers in the VLCC and Aframax segments. We operate through our integrated management companies in Oslo, Norway and Singapore. You shall recognize us by our business approach with an experienced organization with focus on first rate operations and customer service, quality ships built at quality shipyards, prudent capital structure with robust cash break even levels to accommodate staying power through the business cycles, a combination of market exposure and fixed income contracts for our fleet and a transparent corporate structure maintaining a high level of integrity and good governance. For further information: www.dhtankers.com.
FORWARD LOOKING STATEMENTS
This press release contains certain forward-looking statements and information relating to the Company that are based on beliefs of the Company's management as well as assumptions, expectations, projections, intentions and beliefs about future events, in particular regarding dividends (including our dividend plans, timing and the amount and growth of any dividends), daily charter rates, vessel utilization, the future number of newbuilding deliveries, oil prices and seasonal fluctuations in vessel supply and demand. When used in this document, words such as "believe," "intend," "anticipate," "estimate," "project," "forecast," "plan," "potential," "will," "may," "should" and "expect" and similar expressions are intended to identify forward-looking statements but are not the exclusive means of identifying such statements. These statements reflect the Company's current views with respect to future events and are based on assumptions and subject to risks and uncertainties. Given these uncertainties, you should not place undue reliance on these forward-looking statements. These forward-looking statements represent the Company's estimates and assumptions only as of the date of this press release and are not intended to give any assurance as to future results. For a detailed discussion of the risk factors that might cause future results to differ, please refer to the Company's Annual Report on Form 20-F, filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission on March 23, 2017.
The Company undertakes no obligation to publicly update or revise any forward-looking statements contained in this press release, whether as a result of new information, future events or otherwise, except as required by law. In light of these risks, uncertainties and assumptions, the forward-looking events discussed in this press release might not occur, and the Company's actual results could differ materially from those anticipated in these forward-looking statements.
Eirik Ubøe, CFO
Phone: +1 441 299 4912 and +47 412 92 712
Source:DHT Holdings, Inc.