MELBOURNE, June 19 (Reuters) - London copper traded little changed on Monday as broader financial markets gave no directional cues, with the potential for inventory builds as the monthly prompt date comes due potentially keeping a lid on prices.
* Three-month copper on the London Metal Exchange edged up by 0.1 percent to $5,671 a tonne by 0111 GMT, after losing nearly 1 percent in the previous session. LME copper is bouncing in a range between the 100 and 200-day moving averages, at $5,778 and $5,512 respectively.
* The June or third Wednesday contract will reach expiry this week, which often triggers an influx of stock registrations in LME warehouses as traders deliver against short positions.
* Shanghai Futures Exchange copper eased 0.2 percent to 45,500 yuan ($6,682) a tonne.
* LME nickel fell 0.6 percent, rolling back 1 percent gains from Friday. Prices have been pressured by expectations of more supply from Philippines and Indonesia.
* U.S. homebuilding fell for a third straight month in May to the lowest level in eight months as construction activity declined broadly, suggesting that housing could be a drag on economic growth in the second quarter.
* China's central bank plans to step up support for "green" financing, including incentives to encourage banks to extend more loans for projects friendly to the environment, a deputy governor, said on Friday.
* South Africa mines minister on Sunday defended new regulations seeking to accelerate black ownership in the key industry as a "win-win" situation for all, despite objections from an industry body threatening court action to block the changes.
* Speculators increased their net long position in copper futures and options, latest data from the U.S. Commodity Futures Trading Commission showed.
* For the top stories in metals and other news, click or
* Asian stocks began the week modestly higher on Monday after Wall Street offered little guidance, while sterling and the euro steadied before the start of talks over the terms of Britain's exit from the European Union.
DATA AHEAD (GMT) 0900 Euro zone Inflation final for May 0900 Euro zone Labour costs Q1 1230 U.S. Housing starts for May 1230 U.S. Building permits for May 1400 U.S. Univ of Michigan sentiment index for Jun
PRICES 0125 GMT Three month LME copper 5666.5 Most active ShFE copper 45490 Three month LME aluminium 1874 Most active ShFE aluminium 13605 Three month LME zinc 2520.5 Most active ShFE zinc 21060 Three month LME lead 2114.5 Most active ShFE lead 17225 Three month LME nickel 8885 Most active ShFE nickel 73120 Three month LME tin 19620 Most active ShFE tin 145080
BASE METALS ARBITRAGE
LME/SHFE COPPER LMESHFCUc3 492.32 LME/SHFE ALUMINIUM LMESHFALc3 -1219.91 LME/SHFE ZINC LMESHFZNc3 535.72 LME/SHFE LEAD LMESHFPBc3 -305.82 LME/SHFE NICKEL LMESHFNIc3 1714.12
($1 = 6.8097 Chinese yuan)
(Reporting by Melanie Burton; Editing by Gopakumar Warrier)