(Adds comment, detail, updates prices) MELBOURNE, June 19 (Reuters) - London copper climbed on Monday after China's property market remained robust in May, but analysts expected prices to stay trapped in a range over the quiet northern hemisphere summer. "Copper prices will face downward pressure over the coming months as Chinese fiscal spending winds down and limits demand growth," said BMI Research in a report. "We forecast prices to average $5,500/tonne in 2017 and increase to $5,800/tonne by 2021, driven by global market deficits."
* LME COPPER: Three-month copper on the London Metal Exchange edged up 0.5 percent to $5,688.50 a tonne by 0737 GMT. LME copper is bouncing in a range between the 100- and 200-day moving averages, at $5,778 and $5,512 respectively.
* STOCKS: The June or third Wednesday contract will reach expiry this week, which often triggers an influx of stock registrations in LME warehouses as traders deliver against short positions.
* SHFE COPPER: Shanghai Futures Exchange copper edged up 0.2 percent to 45,680 yuan ($6,703) a tonne.
* CHINA PROPERTY: Home prices leveled off in China's biggest cities in May but continued to climb nationwide, indicating demand remains resilient despite a series of government measures to keep the market from overheating.
* INVESTMENT: China's securities regulator said it will encourage wealth management firms to invest in commodity futures in a bid to promote its domestic derivatives industry and raise the amount of commodities in the nation's assets under management.
* FINANCING: China's central bank plans to step up support for "green" financing, including incentives to encourage banks to extend more loans for projects friendly to the environment, a deputy governor said on Friday.
* CFTC Speculators increased their net long position in copper futures and options, latest data from the U.S. Commodity Futures Trading Commission showed.
* For the top stories in metals and other news, click or
* COMING UP: (GMT) U.S. Housing starts, Building permits for May at 1230 GMT
PRICES 0729 GMT Three month LME copper 5696 Most active ShFE copper 45660 Three month LME aluminum 1883 Most active ShFE aluminum 13810 Three month LME zinc 2542 Most active ShFE zinc 21255 Three month LME lead 2139 Most active ShFE lead 17405 Three month LME nickel 8980 Most active ShFE nickel 73870 Three month LME tin 19640 Most active ShFE tin 144240 LME/SHFE COPPER LMESHFCUc3 392.49 LME/SHFE ALUMINIUM LMESHFALc3 -1102.97 LME/SHFE ZINC LMESHFZNc3 479.42 LME/SHFE LEAD LMESHFPBc3 -326.03 LME/SHFE NICKEL LMESHFNIc3 1686.01
($1 = 6.8097 Chinese yuan)
(Reporting by Melanie Burton; Editing by Gopakumar Warrier and Biju Dwarakanath)