(Adds comment, detail, updates prices) MELBOURNE, June 20 (Reuters) - London copper traded flat on Tuesday, as a stronger dollar capped gains after comments by a Federal Reserve official that boosted confidence in another U.S. interest rate rise this year. London nickel found support after an Indonesian nickel smelting official said that 13 Indonesian smelters would halt operations after prices fell below their cost of production.
* LME COPPER: London Metal Exchange copper traded flat at $5,726 a tonne by 0555 GMT, following a 1 percent gain in the previous session. Prices have found support around $5,645 a tonne and a ceiling around $5,800 a tonne.
* SHFE COPPER: Shanghai Futures Exchange copper was up 0.8 percent at 45,950 yuan ($6,734) a tonne.
* USD: The dollar reached a more than three-week high versus the yen on Tuesday, after an influential Federal Reserve official said U.S. inflation should rise alongside wages, reinforcing expectations for the Fed to keep raising interest rates.
* LONDON NICKEL: LME nickel rose 0.7 percent. About a dozen newly constructed nickel smelters in Indonesia have stopped operations due to a plunge in nickel prices while others are operating at a loss, an industry association executive said on Monday.
* NICKEL COMMENT: "This news is likely to stabilize the nickel price and more specifically create a floor," said Sydney-based Shaw and Partners resources analyst Peter OConnor.
* INFRASTRUCTURE: State-owned China Railway Group has signed a $2.5 billion memorandum of understanding with Russia to build a high-speed railway in the country, the China Daily reported on Tuesday.
* NOBLE: Noble Group Ltd on Tuesday confirmed it had extended a key debt deadline and was in "constructive" talks with potential investors, but the crisis-hit trader also pushed back payment of the coupon on a closely watched bond.
* TIN: China's Yunnan Tin Co Ltd the world's biggest tin producer, says it has received government approval for so-called "processing trade," churning out refined metal for export using concentrate shipped in from abroad.
* For the top stories in metals and other news, click or
* Japan's Nikkei rose more than 1 percent to hit a near two-year high on Tuesday following a rebound in U.S. hi-tech shares as investors bet on solid growth in the economy and corporate profits globally.
Three month LME copper 5728 Most active ShFE copper 45950 Three month LME aluminum 1902.
Most active ShFE aluminum 13955 Three month LME zinc 2560 Most active ShFE zinc 21395 Three month LME lead 2144 Most active ShFE lead 17735 Three month LME nickel 9075 Most active ShFE nickel 74930 Three month LME tin 19530 Most active ShFE tin 14353
LME/SHFE COPPER LMESHFCUc3 331.3 LME/SHFE ALUMINIUM LMESHFALc3 -1152
LME/SHFE ZINC LMESHFZNc3 419.1
LME/SHFE LEAD LMESHFPBc3 -172.
LME/SHFE NICKEL LMESHFNIc3 1835.
($1 = 6.8222 Chinese yuan renminbi)
(Reporting by Melanie Burton; Editing by Richard Pullin)