MELVILLE, N.Y., Aug. 17, 2017 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Nikon Instruments Inc. held its inaugural Nikon Center of Excellence and Nikon Imaging Center directors meeting on August 1-2. Hosted by Simon C. Watkins at the Center for Biologic Imaging, University of Pittsburgh, this is the first time the center directors have convened in-person with Nikon to discuss their current research and how to enhance collaboration.
A photo accompanying this announcement is available at http://www.globenewswire.com/NewsRoom/AttachmentNg/90bd4980-2373-4478-aa66-0dfc15f62f12
Nikon Imaging Centers and Centers of Excellence are collaborative microscopy centers that are dedicated to providing top academic and research institutions with pioneering imaging technologies and enhanced research capabilities. The centers seek to better scientific understanding while also giving these leaders a voice in future Nikon product development.
Throughout the event, directors from the individual centers presented about a range of applications being carried out at their facilities. They also addressed their center’s needs in terms of imaging technology, data management and support.
“This meeting was a big step forward for the Nikon Imaging Center and Center of Excellence network," said Stephen Ross, Ph.D., General Manager, Products and Marketing, Nikon Instruments. “Cutting-edge research is happening at each of these centers, and we are excited to help facilitate better collaboration between the centers and Nikon. We look forward to continuing to learn from them about their specific needs as we develop the next generation of imaging technology.”
Those in attendance included:
- Darcy S. Peterka, Columbia University
- Gary Laevsky, Princeton University
- Matt Kofron, Cincinnati Children’s Hospital Medical Center
- Randy Blakely, Florida Atlantic University
- Ken Dawson-Scully, Florida Atlantic University
- James A.J. Fitzpatrick, Washington University
- Bryan A. Mills, Vanderbilt University School of Medicine
- Joshua Rappoport, Northwestern University
- Mark Sanders, University of Minnesota
- Jose Lasalde, The University of Puerto Rico
- Gustavo Menezes, Federal University of Minas Gerais
- Jennifer Waters, Harvard Medical School
- Anna Payne-Tobin Jost, Harvard Medical School
- James Chambers, University of Massachusetts Amherst
- Enfu Hui, UC San Diego
- Kathy Spencer, The Scripps Research Institute
- Simon C. Watkins, University of Pittsburgh
- Claudette St. Croix, University of Pittsburgh
- Nikon Instruments Inc. (President, VP for Sales, GM for Product & Marketing, GM for Service, GM for Software, Senior Management from Sales, Product & Marketing)
- Nikon Corp. Members (Senior Management from Planning and Product Development)
ABOUT NIKON INSTRUMENTS INC.
Nikon Instruments Inc. is a world leader in the development and manufacture of optical and digital imaging technology for biomedical applications. Now celebrating its 100th year, Nikon provides complete optical systems that offer optimal versatility, performance and productivity. Cutting-edge instruments include microscopes, digital imaging products and software. Nikon Instruments is one of the microscopy and digital imaging arms of Nikon Inc., the world leader in digital imaging, precision optics and photo imaging technology. For more information, visit www.nikoninstruments.com. Product-related inquiries may be directed to Nikon Instruments at 800-52-NIKON.
Nicole Newby Peppercomm 212.931.6164 email@example.com
Source: Nikon Instruments