SYDNEY, Aug 25 (Reuters) - U.S. soybeans edged lower on Friday, but the oilseed was on track for its first weekly gain in more than a month after the UDSA said weekly export sales were more than triple market expectations.
* The most active soybean futures on the Chicago Board Of Trade were up more than 0.5 percent for the week, set for the first weekly gain since July 21.
* The most active corn futures were down nearly 3 percent for the week, the fifth consecutive weekly fall.
* The most active wheat futures were down more than 1.5 percent for the week after closing up 0.7 percent last week.
* Weekly U.S. soybean export sales of more than 2 million tonnes for the shipping season that starts on Sept. 1 topped analyst estimates of 400,000 to 600,000 tonnes, U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) data showed. More than half of the sales were bound for China.
* Iowa corn yields are projected to fall about 4.5 percent from last year's bumper crop, scouts on an annual tour said on Thursday after surveying 452 fields across the top U.S. corn-producing state.
* The dollar was buoyant against the yen on Friday as some participants bought back the currency to square positions ahead of a meeting of central bankers in Jackson Hole, Wyoming.
* Oil prices were volatile early on Friday as the market tried to gauge the potential impact of Hurricane Harvey heading for the coast of Texas, the heart of the U.S. oil industry.
* U.S. stocks dipped on Thursday as political uncertainty in Washington kept investors cautious ahead of comments on monetary policy from central bankers gathered for their annual meeting in Jackson Hole, Wyoming.
DATA/EVENT AHEAD (GMT)
0600 Germany Detailed GDP
0600 Germany Import prices
0645 France Consumer confidence Aug 0800 Germany Ifo business climate Aug 1230 U.S. Durable goods
Jul 1400 Federal Reserve Chair Janet Yellen speaks in Jackson Hole 1900 European Central Bank President Mario Draghi speaks in Jackson Hole
Grains prices at 0139 GMT
Contract Last Change Pct chg Two-day chg MA 30 RSI CBOT wheat 434.75 0.25 +0.06% +1.10% 481.18 25 CBOT corn 355.00 -1.25 -0.35% -0.21% 378.03 21 CBOT soy 944.50 -2.00 -0.21% +0.69% 970.70 47 CBOT rice 12.65 -$0.03 -0.20% +0.40% $12.51 65 WTI crude 47.74 $0.31 +0.65% -1.38% $48.10 49
Euro/dlr $1.179 -$0.001 -0.05% -0.12% USD/AUD 0.7889 -0.001 -0.14% -0.16%
Most active contracts Wheat, corn and soy US cents/bushel. Rice: USD per hundredweight RSI 14, exponential
(Reporting by Colin Packham; Editing by Richard Pullin)