FORT WORTH, Texas, Sept. 29, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- The National Association of Women in Construction (NAWIC) installed Catherine Schoenenberger as its 63rd National President during NAWIC's Annual Meeting and Education Conference in Anaheim, Calif. on Friday, Aug. 18, 2017. Schoenenberger, owner of Stay Safe Traffic Products, Inc., has been a member of NAWIC's Granite State Chapter since 2008.
NAWIC also installed officers President-Elect Dove Sifers-Putman, CBT, Charlotte, N.C. Chapter; Vice President Diane I. Mike, CBT, Fort Worth, Texas Chapter; Treasurer Anne Pfleger, CIT, Lima Ohio Area Chapter; Secretary Jill Hanson, CIT, Tampa, Fla. Chapter; and Immediate Past President Connie Leipard, CIT, Central Missouri Chapter.
"The 2017–2018 national board of directors is comprised of women of diverse talents, skills, backgrounds, and generations, too," said Schoenenberger. "She is a professional engineer, a CEO, a corporate president. She manages risk, and sites and projects. She's the 'go to' and the 'know-how.' She is every woman and every woman in construction. NAWIC not only has a solid plan of action, we have a board of dynamic construction professionals to accomplish it."
In addition to the officers, the NAWIC board is comprised of a director from each of the association's eight regions. Each director serves a two-year term and is elected by her peers to bring the wishes and needs of the chapters to the attention of the association. New directors installed include:
- Pacific Northwest Region Director Lauline Mitchell, San Francisco, Calif. Chapter;
- South Atlantic Region Director Kristey Stewart, CIT, Durham, N.C. Chapter;
- South Central Region Director Laurie Jimenez, CBT, Houston, Texas Chapter; and
- Southeast Region Director Karen Hager, CBT, CIT, Greater Orlando, Fla. Chapter.
NAWIC region directors serving the second year of their term include:
- Midwest Region Director Vickie Nickel, CIT, Greater Kansas City, Mo. Chapter;
- North Central Region Director Jenny Mangas, Cincinnati, Ohio Chapter;
- Northeast Region Director Doreen Bartoldus, P.E., CCM, Lower Hudson, N.Y. Chapter; and
- Pacific Southwest Region Director Elizabeth M. Teramoto, CIT, Las Vegas, Nev. Chapter.
NAWIC is an association serving 121 chapters across the United States. It was founded in 1953 to enhance the success of women in the construction industry as "Women in Construction of Fort Worth, Texas." In 1955, the charter was expanded to allow chapters to form across the country and the National Association of Women in Construction was born. For more information, please contact Communications Director Autumn Daughetee at (817) 877-5551. Visit NAWIC online at www.nawic.org.
View original content with multimedia:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/nawic-installs-2017-2018-national-president-and-new-board-members-300528200.html
SOURCE National Association of Women in Construction (NAWIC)