Washington, D.C., Oct. 13, 2017 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- The American Land Title Association (ALTA), the national trade association of the land title insurance industry, announced that Steven G. Day NTP has been installed as president for the 2017-2018 year.
“It is an honor to represent an industry that protects property rights and reduces risk so our customers have peace of mind when buying a home or refinancing a mortgage,” said Day, who also is an executive vice president at Fidelity National Title Group. “Serving our more than 6,200 members and the broader land title insurance industry this year as president is a privilege. I am eager to continue our work as an association and look forward to engaging ALTA members on our strategic priorities moving forward.”
ATLA’s 2018 strategic priorities include:
- Promoting the Our Values initiative, which serves as the industry’s cultural compass and highlights the universal core ideals ALTA members embrace.
- Serving as the hub for information on innovation in the title insurance and settlement space.
- Educating our members about security threats to the personal information and funds entrusted to their businesses in a cyber and physical environment.
- Encouraging simple and concise communication with homebuyers to explain the benefits of title insurance.
- Increasing the skills of the industry’s workforce and attracting future leaders to the industry.
- Focusing on continued promotion of ALTA’s Title Insurance and Settlement Company Best Practices as the industry standard for compliance management programs.
“Across many industries, we’re seeing technology improve processes and enhance the consumer experience,” Day said. “Much like how Uber changed the transportation industry and Amazon disrupted the retail industry, the use of technology can have a sweeping affect on the mortgage and real estate industries by providing better service to home buyers and sellers. ALTA remains a forum to help our members improve the real estate transaction for consumers and businesses.”
“As ALTA grows and evolves to best suit our members’ needs, Steve’s leadership and deep, practical knowledge of the land title industry will serve as a tremendous asset over the next year,” said Michelle Korsmo, chief executive officer of ALTA. “Steve’s wisdom and enthusiasm as a title insurance executive are well regarded throughout the industry and he inspires confidence as we work to better serve consumers. We are fortunate to have Steve’s professionalism and commitment as we tackle the opportunities and challenges confronting the land title industry. Steve’s knowledge and enthusiasm to our industry make him an excellent leader to help our members be ready for what’s next.”
Day’s full biography and headshot are available here.
The 11-member ALTA Board of Governors is responsible for promoting the industry, creating association policy, managing the financial health of the association and ensuring the overall welfare of the association. Members of ALTA’s 2017-2018 Board of Governors include:
- President: Steven G. Day NTP (Jacksonville, Fla.)
- President-elect: Cynthia D. Blair NTP (Columbia, S.C.)
- Agents Section Chair: William Burding Jr. NTP (Santa Ana, Calif.)
- Treasurer: Daniel M. Wold (Minneapolis, Minn.)
- Chair of Finance Committee: Jack Rattikin III (Fort Worth, Texas)
- Agents Section Rep: Richard H. Welshons (Hastings, Minn.)
- Agents Section Rep: Maureen Pfaff (Port Angeles, Wash.)
- Underwriters Section Chair: Mary O’Donnell (Winter Park, Fla.)
- Underwriters Section Rep: Patrick H. Beall (Houston, Texas)
- Underwriters Section Rep: Don Kennedy (Santa Ana, Calif.)
- Immediate Past President: Daniel D. Mennenoh NTP (Galena, Ill.)
The American Land Title Association, founded in 1907, is the national trade association representing more than 6,300 title insurance companies, title and settlement agents, independent abstracters, title searchers, and real estate attorneys. With offices throughout the United States, ALTA members conduct title searches, examinations, closings, and issue title insurance that helps protect the property rights of millions of American homebuyers every year.
A photo accompanying this announcement is available at http://www.globenewswire.com/NewsRoom/AttachmentNg/208fdfea-d739-4db5-b2a6-02b00fe270a4
A photo accompanying this announcement is available at http://www.globenewswire.com/NewsRoom/AttachmentNg/f2f11ae9-da0d-4d28-a1b1-0100f96a3efd
Jeremy Yohe American Land Title Association 2025908361 firstname.lastname@example.org
Source:American Land Title Association