MONTERREY, Mexico, Oct. 17, 2017 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Mexican airport operator Grupo Aeroportuario del Centro Norte, S.A.B. de C.V., known as OMA (NASDAQ:OMAB) (BMV:OMA), today reported its unaudited, consolidated results for the third quarter of 2017.
Third quarter 2017 summary
OMA generated solid financial results despite the deceleration of the rate of traffic growth to 1.3% because of a variety of factors. The sum of aeronautical and non-aeronautical revenues rose 9.9%. Adjusted EBITDA rose 9.8%, with an Adjusted EBITDA margin of 66.8%. Operating income rose 8.5%, and net income increased 19.1%.
|(Million Passengers and Million Pesos)||3Q16||3Q17||% Var||9M16||9M17||% Var|
|Aeronautical + Non-Aeronautical Revenues||1,394||1,532||9.9||3,791||4,323||14.1|
|Adjusted EBITDA Margin (Adjusted EBITDA/Aeronautical Revenues + Non-Aeronautical Revenues, %)||66.8||%||66.8||%||64.5||%||65.5||%|
|Income from Operations||801||869||8.5||2,054||2,409||17.3|
|Operating Margin (%)||53.5||%||46.1||%||51.8||%||46.0||%|
|Consolidated Net Income||487||580||19.1||1,306||1,513||15.8|
|Net Income of Controlling Interest||483||579||19.8||1,303||1,507||15.7|
|MDP and Strategic Investments||134||450||235.8||346||1,094||216.5|
|*Based on weighted average shares outstanding|
The principal results of the third quarter include:
- Total terminal passenger traffic increased 1.3% to 5.2 million in 3Q17. Domestic and international traffic each increased 1.3%. The Monterrey, Culiacán, and Ciudad Juárez airports recorded the most growth.
- Aeronautical revenues increased 10.2%, principally as a result of traffic growth and an increase in tariffs in 2Q17.
- Aeronautical revenues per passenger increased 8.8% to Ps. 223.7.
- Non-aeronautical revenues increased 8.8%, principally from growth in commercial activities, particularly restaurants, car rental, and retail, and diversification activities, including hotel services and OMA Carga.
- Non-aeronautical revenues per passenger increased 7.4% to Ps. 70.8.
- Adjusted EBITDA increased 9.8% to Ps. 1,023 million. The Adjusted EBITDA margin reached 66.8%, unchanged from the prior year period.
- Consolidated net income increased 19.1% to Ps. 580 million. Earnings per share increased 19.6% to Ps. 1.47, while earnings per American Depositary Share (ADS) rose 31.3% to US$ 0.66, based on weighted average shares outstanding.
- Total Capex, major maintenance, and other smaller expenditures included in the Master Development Programs (MDP) and strategic investments totaled Ps. 450 million.
OMA’s complete earnings report is available at http://ir.oma.aero.
OMA (NASDAQ:OMAB) (BMV:OMA) will hold its 3Q17 earnings conference call on October 18, 2017 at 11 am Eastern time, 10 am Mexico City time.
The conference call is accessible by calling 1-888-668-1648 toll-free from the U.S. or 1-719-325-2329 from outside the U.S. The conference ID is 9486747. The conference call will also be available by webcast at http://ir.oma.aero/events.cfm.
A taped replay will be available through October 25, 2017 at 1-844-512-2921 toll free or + 1-412-317-6671, using the same conference ID.
This press release may contain forward-looking information and statements. Forward-looking statements are statements that are not historical facts. These statements are only predictions based on our current information and expectations and projections about future events. Forward-looking statements may be identified by the words “believe,” “expect,” “anticipate,” “target,” “estimate,” or similar expressions. While OMA's management believes that the expectations reflected in such forward-looking statements are reasonable, investors are cautioned that forward-looking information and statements are subject to various risks and uncertainties, many of which are difficult to predict and are generally beyond the control of OMA, that could cause actual results and developments to differ materially from those expressed in, or implied or projected by, the forward-looking information and statements. These risks and uncertainties include, but are not limited to, those discussed in our most recent annual report filed on Form 20-F under the caption “Risk Factors.” OMA undertakes no obligation to update publicly its forward-looking statements, whether as a result of new information, future events, or otherwise.
Grupo Aeroportuario del Centro Norte, S.A.B. de C.V., known as OMA, operates 13 international airports in nine states of central and northern Mexico. OMA’s airports serve Monterrey, Mexico’s third largest metropolitan area, the tourist destinations of Acapulco, Mazatlán, and Zihuatanejo, and nine other regional centers and border cities. OMA also operates the NH Collection Hotel inside Terminal 2 of the Mexico City airport and the Hilton Garden Inn at the Monterrey airport. OMA employs over 1,000 persons in order to offer passengers and clients airport and commercial services in facilities that comply with all applicable international safety, security, and ISO 9001:2008 environmental standards. OMA is listed on the Mexican Stock Exchange (OMA) and on the NASDAQ Global Select Market (OMAB). For more information, visit:
- Webpage http://ir.oma.aero
- Twitter http://twitter.com/OMAeropuertos
- Facebook https://www.facebook.com/OMAeropuertos
Chief Financial Officer
Vicsaly Torres Ruiz
+52 (81) 8625 4300
+52 (81) 8625 4308
In the US: Daniel Wilson /Zemi Communications
+1 (212) 689 9560
Source:Grupo Aeroportuario del Centro Norte S.A.B. de C.V.