These are the stocks posting the largest moves before the bell.Market Insiderread more
"My sense was we've added accommodation and it wasn't required in my view," George tells CNBC's Steve Liesman.Investingread more
Experts believe a wider spat with Europe would be much more damaging than the current tit-for-tat with China.Traderead more
After the Fed released minutes of its last meeting, the bond market signaled it fears the Fed will not be aggressive enough with its rate cutting.Market Insiderread more
The Fed minutes also note that "a couple" members wanted a 50 basis point cut, based primarily on the weak inflation readings.The Fedread more
Software stocks are the place to be in tech as the sector mounts a recovery from its recent pullback, some analysts say.Trading Nationread more
Dow to rise; bond yields tick higher; Fed may be behind the curve; China warns US on trade; and this weekend's G-7 summit seems doomed for failureMarketsread more
Markets pay particular attention to Italy's spending, given its public debt pile. This stands at above 130% of its growth rate, one of the highest in the world.Politicsread more
Office phones, printers, building control systems and more — these may not sound like computers but they can all be hacked according to cybersecurity pros.Technologyread more
Flight bookings to Hong Kong have fallen 10%, hit by the unrest in the city, said Alan Joyce, the chief executive of Australian carrier Qantas Airways.Airlinesread more
South Korea will scrap an intelligence-sharing pact with Japan amid an intensifying dispute over history and trade, South Korea's presidential office said on Thursday.Asia Politicsread more
Chipotle Mexican Grill's stock price sank 2.7 percent Monday after "Supergirl" actor Jeremy Jordan said he had "almost died" from eating at one of the chain's restaurants.
Chipotle has been struggling for two years to move on from a string of high-profile foodborne illness outbreaks.
"I know I've advocated for them in the past, but they're terrible," Jordan said in the now-expired Instagram story, according to People magazine. "I, as you can see, am in the hospital and I have fluids in my arm because the food did not agree with me and I almost died."
"We were sorry to hear Jeremy was sick and were able to get in touch with him directly regarding where and when he ate," Chris Arnold, Chipotle's spokesman, told CNBC. "There have been no other reported claims of illness at the restaurant where he dined. We take all claims seriously, but we can't confirm any link to Chipotle given the details he shared with us."
It has been two years since a string of food safety incidents first battered sales and scared away diners. While the beleaguered burrito chain was able to return to profitability and its same-store sales have begun trending in a positive direction, its successes have been overshadowed by more recent incidents.
In July, reports surfaced that customers were sickened by norovirus at a location in Sterling, Virginia. Then, a few days later, a viral cellphone video was released that showed rodents falling from the ceiling at a restaurant near Dallas.
Both restaurants addressed these issues: The Virginia location shuttered briefly to sanitize, and the Texas restaurant sealed up the rodents' entry point.
Now, Chipotle's food safety policies are once again up for debate.
"If this is true then it is another potential PR disaster for Chipotle," Neil Saunders, managing director of GlobalData, told CNBC via email. "The chain has had a run of back luck with health scares and does not seem to be capable of getting back on an even keel. Each new issue reminds consumers of past problems and makes the prospect of a full recovery ever more distant."