TOKYO--(BUSINESS WIRE)-- The Bank of Tokyo-Mitsubishi UFJ, Ltd.:
Consolidated Summary Report [under Japanese GAAP]
|for the six months ended September 30, 2017|
|Company name:||Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group, Inc.||Stock exchange listings:||Tokyo, Nagoya, New York|
|Representative:||Nobuyuki Hirano, President & Group CEO|
|For inquiry:||Kazutaka Yoneda, General Manager - Financial Planning Division / Financial Accounting Office|
|TEL (03) 3240-3110|
|Quarterly securities report issuing date:||November 29, 2017||Dividend payment date:||December 5, 2017|
|Supplemental information for quarterly financial statements:||Available|
|Quarterly investor meeting presentation:||Scheduled (for investors and analysts)|
|(Amounts of less than one million yen are rounded down.)|
|1. Consolidated Financial Data for the Six Months ended September 30, 2017|
(1) Results of Operations
(% represents the change from the same period in the previous fiscal year)
Profits Attributable to
|Six months ended||million yen||%||million yen||%||million yen||%|
|September 30, 2017||3,068,191||10.4||864,020||8.7||626,940||27.8|
|September 30, 2016||2,779,372|| |
|(*) Comprehensive income|
|September 30, 2017:||863,593||million yen,||-||%||;||September 30, 2016:|| |
| Basic earnings |
| Diluted earnings |
|Six months ended||yen||yen|
|September 30, 2017||47.00||46.86|
|September 30, 2016||35.93||35.82|
(2) Financial Conditions
|Total Assets||Total Net Assets||Equity-to-asset ratio (*)|
|As of|| |
|September 30, 2017||305,468,828||17,279,375||5.2|
|March 31, 2017||303,297,433||16,658,394|| |
|(Reference) Shareholders’ equity as of||September 30, 2017:||15,869,893||million yen;||March 31, 2017:||15,280,268||million yen|
|(*) “Equity-to-asset ratio” is computed under the formula shown below|
|(Total net assets - Subscription rights to shares - Non-controlling interests) / Total assets|
2. Dividends on Common Stock
|Dividends per Share|
|1st quarter-end||2nd quarter-end||3rd quarter-end||Fiscal year-end||Total|
|ended March 31, 2017||-||9.00||-||9.00||18.00|
|ending March 31, 2018||-||9.00|
|ending March 31, 2018 (Forecast)||-||9.00||18.00|
|(*) Revision of forecasts for dividends on the presentation date of this Consolidated Summary Report : None|
3. Earnings Target for the Fiscal Year ending March 31, 2018 (Consolidated)
MUFG has the target of 950.0 billion yen of profits attributable to owners of parent for the fiscal year ending March 31, 2018.
(There is no change to our earnings target released on May 15, 2017.)
MUFG is engaged in financial service businesses such as banking business, trust banking business, securities business and credit card/loan businesses. Because there are various uncertainties caused by economic situation, market environments and other factors in these businesses, MUFG discloses a target of its profits attributable to owners of parent instead of a forecast of its performance.
|(1) Changes in significant subsidiaries during the period:||No|
|(2) Changes in accounting policies, changes in accounting estimates and restatements|
|(A) Changes in accounting policies due to revision of accounting standards: No|
|(B) Changes in accounting policies due to reasons other than (A): No|
|(C) Changes in accounting estimates: No|
|(D) Restatements: No|
(3) Number of common stocks outstanding at the end of the period
|(A) Total stocks outstanding including treasury stocks:||September 30, 2017||14,027,694,920||shares|
|March 31, 2017||14,168,853,820||shares|
|(B) Treasury stocks:||September 30, 2017||737,252,195||shares|
|March 31, 2017||738,910,028||shares|
|(C) Average outstanding stocks:||Six months ended September 30, 2017||13,339,150,519||shares|
|Six months ended September 30, 2016||13,652,178,742||shares|
*This “Consolidated Summary Report” (Quarterly “Tanshin”) is outside the scope of the external auditor’s interim audit procedure.
*Notes for using forecasted information etc.
1. This financial summary report contains forward-looking statements regarding estimations, forecasts, targets and plans in relation to the results of operations, financial conditions and other overall management of the company and/or the group as a whole (the “forward-looking statements”). The forward-looking statements are made based upon, among other things, the company’s current estimations, perceptions and evaluations. In addition, in order for the company to adopt such estimations, forecasts, targets and plans regarding future events, certain assumptions have been made. Accordingly, due to various risks and uncertainties, the statements and assumptions are inherently not guarantees of future performance, may be considered differently from alternative perspectives and may result in material differences from the actual result. For the main factors that may affect the current forecasts, please see Consolidated Summary Report, Annual Securities Report, Disclosure Book, Annual Report, and other current disclosures that the company has announced.
2. The financial information included in this financial summary report is prepared and presented in accordance with accounting principles generally accepted in Japan (“Japanese GAAP”). Differences exist between Japanese GAAP and the accounting principles generally accepted in the United States (“U.S. GAAP”) in certain material respects. Such differences have resulted in the past, and are expected to continue to result for this period and future periods, in amounts for certain financial statement line items under U.S. GAAP to differ significantly from the amounts under Japanese GAAP. For example, differences in consolidation basis or accounting for business combinations, including but not limited to amortization and impairment of goodwill, could result in significant differences in our reported financial results between Japanese GAAP and U.S. GAAP. Readers should consult their own professional advisors for an understanding of the differences between Japanese GAAP and U.S. GAAP and how those differences might affect our reported financial results. We will publish U.S. GAAP financial results in a separate disclosure document when such information becomes available.
Above is part of the Consolidated Summary Report of Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group, Inc. under Japanese GAAP for the six months ended September 30, 2017.
Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group (MUFG) makes available financial reports and highlights of MUFG group companies including those of The Bank of Tokyo-Mitsubishi UFJ, Ltd. Please refer to MUFG's website for full information.
View source version on businesswire.com: http://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20171114005818/en/
The Bank of Tokyo-Mitsubishi UFJ, Ltd.
Jun Kobayashi, +81-3-3240-1111
Corporate Administration Division
Source: The Bank of Tokyo-Mitsubishi UFJ, Ltd.