(Adds detail, updates prices) MELBOURNE, Nov 15 (Reuters) - Shanghai nickel and zinc tumbled alongside steel on Wednesday, extending losses from the previous session, as traders cut exposure to the sector following cooling industrial production growth and property sales in China. China's economy cooled further last month, with industrial output, fixed asset investment and retail sales missing expectations as the government extended a crackdown on debt risks and factory pollution. "The selloff appeared to be sparked by the weaker-than-expected Chinese industrial production and fixed asset investment data ... Both series showed a slowing of growth in the Chinese economy," said ANZ in a report. FUNDAMENTALS
* SHFE: Shanghai Futures Exchange nickel slid by limit down of 6 pct, as it corrects from a one-year peak hit on Nov 6. Shfe zinc, used in galvanizing, slid 3 percent. .
* The gains piled pressure on other metals with Shanghai copper falling 2.2 pct and lead down 2.4 percent.
* LME: Losses were also seen in London, with LME nickel giving up 1.2 percent, after careening more than 5 percent in the previous session. Zinc and lead fell 1 percent while copper slid 0.4 percent to $6,733.
* REBAR: Shanghai rebar prices fell more than 4 percent at one point as did iron ore, before it finished off the lows down 2.5 pct.
* TCRCS: China's top copper smelters held an unscheduled meeting in Shanghai on Tuesday to reaffirm their position that there will be no shortage of copper concentrate supply in 2018 as the key contract renegotiation season hots up.
* ALUMINIUM M&A: Zhongwang USA, an investment firm backed by a Chinese tycoon, has called off its planned acquisition of U.S. aluminum maker Aleris Corp after failing to win U.S. government approval, the companies said on Monday.
* BATTERIES: Chinese battery giant Contemporary Amperex Technology Co Ltd (CATL) is planning a $2 billion IPO in Shenzhen, aiming to boost its financial muscle amid a global battle for a share of the country's fast-growing electric car market.
* FREEPORT: An Indonesian police officer was killed and a second wounded on Wednesday, after being shot in the back in an area near Freeport-McMoRan Inc's giant Grasberg copper mine in the eastern province of Papua, a police spokesman said.
* Asian stocks slipped on Wednesday after weaker crude oil prices took a toll on Wall Street, while the euro kept big gains after enjoying a boost from robust German economic growth.
BASE METALS PRICES 0152 GMT Three month LME 6742.5
Most active ShFE 52880
Three month LME 2093
Most active ShFE 15455
Three month LME 3143
Most active ShFE 25140
Three month LME 2462
Most active ShFE 18650
Three month LME 11730
Most active ShFE 95090
Three month LME tin 19365 Most active ShFE 142560
BASE METALS ARBITRAGE
LME/SHFE COPPER LMESHFCUc3 698.25 LME/SHFE ALUMINIUM LMESHFALc3 -656.28 LME/SHFE ZINC LMESHFZNc3 516.11 LME/SHFE LEAD LMESHFPBc3 -992.67 LME/SHFE NICKEL LMESHFNIc3 2714.25
(Reporting by Melanie Burton; Editing by Vyas Mohan)