WILMINGTON, Mass., Feb. 05, 2018 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Security Innovation, the worldwide leader in software security training and assessment services, today announced that it achieved record-breaking milestones in revenue, profitability, customer engagement and users trained in 2017, putting the company on the path to continued success and growth in 2018.
The market drivers that contributed to the company’s success in 2017 include the fact that 90 percent of cyberattacks occur at the software level, creating an urgent need for developer training that increases their ability to write secure code. Additionally, since many scanning solutions miss critical vulnerabilities, the company’s assessment services – which use a combination of expert consultation and technology – uncover and mitigate vulnerabilities that left unresolved would lead to costly hacks, breaches and major damage to an organization’s reputation and sales.
“2017 brought increased customer demand for our software security training and assessment services, helping us reach record levels of revenue, customer engagements and market success. We reached these milestones by providing the industry’s most extensive security training curriculum and flexible software security assessment services,” said Ed Adams, president and CEO of Security Innovation. “Our scalable training platform enables customers to meet their short and long-term training needs for all team roles and our professional services teams are unrivaled in their ability to identify vulnerabilities and risks, and provide contextual remediation advice.”
Highlights of Security Innovation’s 2017 Milestones Include:
- Record revenue and profitability in 2017 driven by Security Innovation’s commitment to excellence and position as a trusted advisor and partner with its customers.
- 154 percent growth in customer engagements in the past 24 months, fueled by a combination of new customers and an increase in repeat business from existing customers.
- Customers now include 32 of the Fortune 100, 62 of the Fortune 500, and 85 of the top financial services organizations in the world.
- Recognized on Cybersecurity Ventures’ Cybersecurity 500 list of the world’s hottest and most innovative cybersecurity companies.
- Named for the fourth consecutive year in the Magic Quadrant for Security Awareness Computer-Based Training.
- Security Innovation’s team of experts gave 19 keynotes and other presentations at conferences worldwide.
- Surpassed 2 million users trained since company was founded, with an impressive 42 percent year-over-year increase in users trained (2017 v 2016).
- Conducted 80 CMD+CTRL Hackerthon trainings around the world in 2017 with more than 1,700 participants.
- Introduced Security Training (Ninja) Belt System, Learning Pathways and advanced Compliance Training Mapping to enhance engagement and success of cybersecurity training programs.
- Added 18 new courses, and updated 16 other courses in the industry’s largest application security library. Overall, Security Innovation has hundreds of specialized training courses designed to meet the specific needs of security, IT, and development professionals, as well as general security awareness training for all employees in an organization.
- The Software Security Assessment group rolled out its new multi-tier testing service to strategically align with applications of varying complexity and risk. This turn-key service simplifies the buying process and addresses the market need for a range in depth-of-testing approaches.
“We are thankful to our extensive portfolio of customers around the world for making 2017 our most successful year yet, and stand ready to assist security, IT and development teams as they protect their organizations from the ever-increasing cybersecurity threats and risks that exist in our digital world,” concluded Adams.
Click here to learn why Security Innovation is the worldwide leader in software security training and assessment services.
About Security Innovation
Since 2002, organizations have relied on Security Innovation for our unique software security expertise to help secure and protect sensitive data in the most challenging environments - automobiles, desktops, web applications, mobile devices and in the cloud. A best in class security training, assessment and consulting provider, Security Innovation has been named to the Gartner Magic Quadrant for Security Awareness Training for four consecutive years. Security Innovation is privately held and headquartered in Wilmington, MA USA. For more information, visit www.securityinnovation.com or connect with us on LinkedIn or Twitter.
Security Innovation Media Contact:
Source: Security Innovation