SYDNEY, Feb 7 (Reuters) - U.S. soybeans futures edged up on Wednesday to hit a six-day high as fears over South American production supported to prices.
* The most active soybean futures on the Chicago Board Of Trade rose 0.5 percent to $9.91-1/4 a bushel by 0214 GMT, near the session high of $9.92 a bushel - the highest since Feb. 1. Soybeans firmed 1.7 percent on Tuesday.
* The most active corn futures were up 0.2 percent to $3.64-1/4 a bushel, having gained 1.3 percent in the previous session.
* The most active wheat futures were up 0.6 percent to $4.49 a bushel, having closed up 1.4 percent on Tuesday.
* Soybeans draw support on worries that rains forecast for Argentina's crop belt late this week and possibly through the weekend might not be enough to relieve stress on crops.
* Rains have delayed the soybean harvest in Brazil.
* The U.S. Department of Agriculture said private exporters sold a total of 225,000 tonnes of U.S. corn in the last day, the government's third corn sales announcement in as many business days.
* The dollar was firmer against the yen but trimmed gains against the euro on Wednesday when U.S. equities bounced overnight after suffering deep losses earlier in the week.
* Oil prices rose on Wednesday amid a recovery in global stock markets, supported by a report that U.S. crude inventories fell last week
* Shaken out of many months of calm, Wall Street braced for a higher level of volatility in the days ahead, after a roughly 2 percent rebound in U.S. stocks on Tuesday followed the biggest one-day selloff in more than six years.
DATA AHEAD (GMT)
0700 Germany Industrial output Dec 0745 France Trade data Dec 0800 China Forex reserves Jan
Grains prices at 0214 GMT
Contract Last Change Pct chg Two-day chg MA 30 RSI CBOT wheat 449.00 2.75 +0.62% +1.99% 434.02 61 CBOT corn 364.25 0.75 +0.21% +1.53% 354.21 71 CBOT soy 991.25 5.00 +0.51% +2.22% 975.04 58 CBOT rice 12.55 $0.00 +0.00% +0.16% $12.12 76 WTI crude 64.09 $0.70 +1.10% -0.09% $63.32 48
Euro/dlr $1.239 $0.001 +0.09% +0.16% USD/AUD 0.7905 0.000 +0.00% +0.36%
Most active contracts Wheat, corn and soy US cents/bushel. Rice: USD per hundredweight RSI 14, exponential
(Reporting by Colin Packham; editing by Richard Pullin)