LOS ANGELES, Feb. 07, 2018 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- MEF is pleased to announce that Aamir Hussain, Executive Vice President and Chief Technology Officer, CenturyLink, has joined the MEF Board of Directors. He is welcomed by an outstanding Board of service and technology provider executives and other senior experts who are guiding the organization’s ambitious MEF 3.0 initiative to transform the communications industry.
“We are delighted to have Aamir Hussain join the MEF Board and appreciate the depth of insight he brings as the CTO of one of the world’s largest and most innovative service providers,” said Nan Chen, President, MEF. “We have an extraordinary Board team with the talent and experience to help us accelerate the rollout of MEF 3.0 services and technologies on a worldwide basis. We look forward to making exciting progress in coming quarters.”
Mr. Hussain, who has been CenturyLink’s CTO since 2014, is a veteran technology executive with more than 25 years of proven success in the implementation of global technology operations. He is responsible for overseeing the company’s worldwide network, technology transformation, architecture and innovation roadmap, including Product Development, Network Virtualization, IT Operations, Digital Platform Development, Physical/Network Security, and Network, Cloud and Managed Services.
The MEF Board is focused on expanding the community of service providers, technology vendors, and other companies that are committed to MEF 3.0 work to define, deliver, and certify agile, assured, and orchestrated services across a global ecosystem of automated networks. MEF 3.0 blends sophisticated, standardized services with an emerging suite of LSO (Lifecycle Service Orchestration) APIs to provide an on-demand, cloud-centric experience with unprecedented user- and application-directed control over network resources and service capabilities.
MEF Board of Directors
- Aamir Hussain, Executive Vice President and Chief Technology Officer, CenturyLink
- Alessandro Talotta, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer, Sparkle
- Eric Puetz, Director, Standards and Industry Alliances, AT&T Labs
- Gabriel Kerner, Vice President Network Products and Offerings, Amdocs Technology
- Kevin O'Toole, Senior Vice President, Product Management, Comcast Business
- Michael Strople, President Enterprise Networks, Zayo Group
- Nan Chen, Executive Vice Chairman, CENX
- Ralph Santitoro, Head of SDN/NFV Solutions Practice, Fujitsu Network Communications
- Scott Mansfield, Standardization Researcher, Development Unit Network Products, Ericsson
- Shahar Steiff, Assistance Vice President New Technology, PCCW Global
- Shawn Hakl, Senior Vice President Business Products, Verizon
An industry association of 200+ member companies, MEF recently introduced the MEF 3.0 transformational global services framework for defining, delivering, and certifying agile, assured, and orchestrated services over a global ecosystem of automated networks. MEF 3.0 services are designed to provide an on-demand, cloud-centric experience with user- and application-directed control over network resources and service capabilities. MEF 3.0 services are delivered over automated, virtualized, and interconnected networks powered by LSO, SDN, and NFV. MEF produces service specifications, LSO frameworks, open LSO APIs, software-driven reference implementations, and certification programs. MEF 3.0 work will enable automated delivery of standardized Layer 1, Carrier Ethernet, IP, SD-WAN, and Layer 4-7 services across multiple provider networks. For more information: https://www.mef.net.
Witz Communications for MEF