BEIJING, Feb 13 (Reuters) - London copper prices climbed for a second day on Tuesday on a weaker dollar and as global equities bounced back from two-month lows seen last week.
* LME COPPER: Three-month copper on the London Metal Exchange was up 1.1 percent at $6,905 a tonne at 0236 GMT, extending gains from the previous session, when it ended up 1.1 percent.
* SHFE COPPER: The most-traded April copper contract on the Shanghai Futures Exchange was up for the first time in three days, climbing 1.5 percent to 52,120 yuan ($8,231.21) a tonne.
* U.S. DOLLAR: The dollar index edged down 0.1 percent. A weaker dollar makes metals cheaper for holders of other currencies and can support prices.
* SHFE ALUMINIUM: The most traded March ShFE aluminum contract was up 1.1 percent at 14,335 yuan a tonne, having closed at its joint-lowest since January, 2017 on Monday.
* ALUMINIUM: U.S. President Donald Trump will meet with a bipartisan group of lawmakers on Tuesday to discuss trade matters, as he ponders whether to takes steps to limit steel and aluminum imports seen as damaging to U.S. businesses.
* COPPER: Aurubis AG, Europe's biggest copper smelter, is in advanced negotiations to sell its flat rolled products unit to German cooper products company Wieland-Werke AG as Aurubis looks to expand into other metals besides copper.
* COBALT: Makers of electric vehicle batteries will have to keep using scarce, expensive cobalt in their products for the foreseeable future despite a push towards higher nickel compositions, materials technology company Umicore said on Monday.
For the top stories in metals and other news, click or
* Asian stocks pulled further away from two-month lows on Tuesday, lifted by Wall Street's extended rebound from last week's steep fall.
DATA AHEAD (GMT)
0930 UK Consumer prices Jan 1100 U.S. NFIB business optimism Jan
BASE METALS PRICES 0233 GMT Three month LME copper 6904.5 Most active ShFE copper 52120 Three month LME aluminum 2143 Most active ShFE aluminum 14315 Three month LME zinc 3396 Most active ShFE zinc 26040 Three month LME lead 2511.5 Most active ShFE lead 18920 Three month LME nickel 13205 Most active ShFE nickel 100770 Three month LME tin 21190 Most active ShFE tin 146820
BASE METALS ARBITRAGE
LME/SHFE COPPER LMESHFCUc3 1210.66 LME/SHFE ALUMINIUM LMESHFALc3 -1374.15 LME/SHFE ZINC LMESHFZNc3 555.35 LME/SHFE LEAD LMESHFPBc3 -249.36 LME/SHFE NICKEL LMESHFNIc3 1574.65
($1 = 6.3320 Chinese yuan renminbi)
(Reporting by Tom DalyEditing by Joseph Radford)