CNBC to host inaugural one-day conference for health care investors, innovators and executives on March 28th in NYC
Interview with FDA Commissioner of Food and Drugs Scott Gottlieb to open conference
ENGLEWOOD CLIFFS, N.J., February 15, 2018 —CNBC today revealed their speaker lineup ahead of its first-ever business of health care conference, Healthy Returns, which will take place on March 28th, 2018 at The Roosevelt Hotel in NYC.
With the help of the previously announced world-class advisory board, discussions will explore investment ideas and insights from the biggest and best health care investors, strategic perspectives from top health care CEOs, an early inside look at transformative innovations, and more. Opportunities for networking will be available throughout the course of the day.
The conference's speaker lineup comprises some of the most innovative medical technologists, entrepreneurs, executives and investors representing the biotech, pharma, health care and life sciences industries, including:
- Amy Abernethy, M.D., Ph.D., Chief Medical Officer and SVP, Flatiron Health
- Katrine Bosley, CEO, Editas Medicine
- Abbie Celniker, Ph.D., Partner, Third Rock Ventures
- Tony Coles, M.D., Chairman and CEO, Yumanity Therapeutics
- David Cordani, President and CEO, Cigna
- Delos 'Toby' Cosgrove, M.D., former President and CEO, The Cleveland Clinic
- Alex Denner, Ph.D., Founding Partner and CIO, Sarissa Capital Management
- Esther Dyson, Executive Founder, Way to Wellville; Board Member, 23andMe and Open Humans Foundation
- Bill George, Senior Fellow, Harvard Business School; former Chairman and CEO, Medtronic
- Scott Gottlieb, M.D., U.S. FDA Commissioner of Food and Drugs
- Andrew Farnum, Director of Program-Related Investments, Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation
- Fred Hassan, Special Limited Partner, Warburg Pincus; Chairman, Caret Group; former Chairman and CEO, Schering-Plough
- Jeff Jonas, M.D., CEO, SAGE Therapeutics
- Iyah Romm, Co-Founder and CEO, Cityblock Health
- Jessica L. Mega, M.D., M.P.H., Chief Medical Officer, Verily Life Sciences
- Mike Moore, Partner, Mike Moore Law Firm; former Attorney General, State of Mississippi
- Christopher O'Connor, Partner, Perella Weinberg Partners
- Leonard S. Schleifer, M.D., Ph.D., Founder, President and CEO, Regeneron Pharmaceuticals
- Todd B. Sisitsky, Managing Partner, TPG Capital
- Robin Thurston, CEO, Helix
- J. Craig Venter, Ph.D., Co-Founder, Executive Chairman and CEO, Human Longevity; Founder, Executive Chairman and CEO, J. Craig Venter Institute
Sponsors for the event include Change Healthcare and Hospital for Special Surgery. The initial agenda, including the speaker lineup and session times and topics, will be available in the coming days.
For more information about Healthy Returns or to register to attend, go to: cnbc.com/healthyreturns.
With CNBC in the U.S., CNBC in Asia Pacific, CNBC in Europe, Middle East and Africa, and CNBC World, CNBC is the recognized world leader in business news and provides real-time financial market coverage and business information to more than 409 million homes worldwide, including more than 91 million households in the United States and Canada. CNBC also provides daily business updates to 400 million households across China. The network's 15 live hours a day of business programming in North America (weekdays from 4:00 a.m. - 7:00 p.m. ET) is produced at CNBC's global headquarters in Englewood Cliffs, N.J., and includes reports from CNBC News bureaus worldwide. CNBC at night features a mix of new reality programming, CNBC's highly successful series produced exclusively for CNBC and a number of distinctive in-house documentaries.
CNBC also has a vast portfolio of digital products which deliver real-time financial market news and information across a variety of platforms including: CNBC.com; CNBC PRO, the premium, integrated desktop/mobile service that provides live access to CNBC programming, exclusive video content and global market data and analysis; a suite of CNBC mobile products including the CNBC Apps for iOS, Android and Windows devices; and additional products such as the CNBC App for the Apple Watch and Apple TV.
Members of the media can receive more information about CNBC and its programming on the NBCUniversal Media Village Web site at http://www.nbcumv.com/programming/cnbc.
For more information about NBCUniversal, please visit http://www.NBCUniversal.com.