PROVIDENCE, R.I., Feb. 15, 2018 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Virgin Pulse, the leading global provider of digital employee health and wellbeing engagement solutions, today announced record-breaking results for 2017, on the heels of the strongest Q3 and Q4 in the company’s history. Propelled by unmatched growth, profit expansion, and market-leading technology innovation in 2017, the company, which kicked off 2018 with the acquisition of employee wellness provider Preventure, also delivered impressive results for its members: Virgin Pulse members across the globe tracked over 423 million healthy habits, lost almost a million pounds, and walked nearly 1.5 trillion steps – or 632 miles (1,017 kilometers) – setting new records for what is possible when employees are engaged with their wellbeing each day.
“Last year, Virgin Pulse moved aggressively to redefine the employee health and wellbeing experience, investing more than anyone in our space in delivering experiences and solutions that our members love to use,” said David Osborne, Chief Executive Officer, Virgin Pulse. “These investments are paying off across the board. Last year, our solutions helped more than 2 million people and over 3,000 organizations around the world change their lives for the better. Our execution and growth outpaced the market on all fronts. We launched hundreds of new clients, added dozens of new partners to our hub ecosystem, introduced a Value on Investment model to help our clients quantify the value of their employee wellbeing investments, and continued to pioneer digital solutions that convert individual health outcomes into positive business results.”
Rapid Global Growth
Investments in product innovation, strategic partnerships and international expansion in 2017 paid off, accelerating Virgin Pulse’s growth trajectory and leadership.
- 55% year over year bookings growth
- 99% client retention
- Added 670 new customers, including CSL Behring, True Value, Ohio State University, and CDM Smith
- More than a dozen known competitive replacements
- Global footprint: finished 2017 with over 1,000 international clients spanning 190 countries and 18 languages
- More than 300,000 members around the world participated in Virgin Pulse’s May 2017 Global Challenge, logging a total of 319 billion steps, which is equal to almost 127 million miles (204 kilometers) or 17,093 trips from Sydney to San Francisco.
Data Security and Privacy
- Achieved ISO27001:2013 certification for our Information Security Management System
- Aligned with HIPAA Security and Privacy Rule compliance
- Compliance with international security and privacy best practices confirmed through multiple independent client audits
- Completed initial phase of GDPR audit; on track for GDPR compliance prior to May deadline
- Built out EU Datacenter to support EU client data exchange requirements
- CISM and CISSP training for Information Security Officers
Proven Business Impact and VOI
- Attrition among Virgin Pulse members was over 30% less than non-members
- On average, Virgin Pulse clients saw 16.1% reduction in medical claims costs among members
- Members increased daily physical activity by 29% after enrolling
- Clients averaged 15% or better reduction in sick days across members
- Analysis of one client’s data showed Virgin Pulse members were 3-4x more likely to be promoted than non-members
- Virgin Pulse reported 45% more engagement and 42% more productivity for members
- Expanded the Virgin Pulse strategic partner ecosystem, adding a best-in-class financial wellbeing solution powered by Mercer Financial Wellness, and strategic partnerships with Whil, the leader in digital wellbeing training, and O.C. Tanner, the global leader in employee recognition and workplace culture.
- Became an SAP® Silver Partner, combining Virgin Pulse’s expertise, technology and proven track record in driving employee wellbeing with SAP SuccessFactors HCM solutions to ensure that employees are healthy, happy and successful, at work and at home, every day.
- Partnered with Workday to create an integrated HCM and wellbeing experience, which will deliver personalized daily experiences to employees, helping them learn, do and become their best.
- Introduced Virgin Pulse Surveys, a fully integrated tool that allows HR and benefits administrators to gather real-time feedback on how wellbeing programs are impacting culture, productivity, and engagement.
- Pioneered a new application of Artificial Intelligence with the first-ever employee wellbeing-focused skill for Amazon Alexa, bringing voice-enabled, screenless experiences to Virgin Pulse members.
Thought Leadership, Awards, Recognition:
In 2017, leading HR, technology, and wellness industry organizations around the world recognized the company for its thought leadership and innovation.
- Won 2017 Employee Engagement Vendor of the Year Award
- Won Stevie Award for Most Innovative Tech Company of the Year
- Received 2017 Global Digital Health Awards from Mobile Digital Health Resources
- Virgin Pulse client Morton Salt awarded HRO Today’s 2017 HR Superstar Award
- Named Best Employee Engagement Solution Provider and Best Corporate Wellness Provider in the HR Vendors the Year 2017, Malaysia
- Saw record-breaking attendance and participation at Virgin Pulse’s Thrive Summit, with more than 500 wellbeing and engagement experts, consultants, and HR, benefits and wellness executives, and thought leaders, including Shawn Achor, Dr. Susan David, Tony Tjan, Dr. David Katz, Dr. B.J. Fogg, and Dr. Ron Goetzel, to name a few. The company recently announced that Serena Williams will keynote its 2018 Thrive Summit.
- Expanded Virgin Pulse’s expert Science Advisory Board, adding Dr. Susan David, best-selling author and employee engagement expert, and Dr. David Katz, world-renowned lifestyle medicine researcher.
- Virgin Pulse executives and clients were invited to share their insights at premier industry conferences, including Integrated Benefits Institute, HR Tech World Congress (Unleash), HR Technology Conference, HERO Forum, EBN Forum, and People Analytics & the Future of Work.
“We are doubling down on this market and will continue to raise the bar on innovation and results for our clients and members in 2018,” said Osborne. “2017 showed us that employee wellbeing must become synonymous with workplace culture. When employers show they are invested in the wellbeing of their employees, those employees are more invested and engaged in the organization. In 2018, our solutions will aim to strengthen the social contract between employees and employers as we continue to change lives and businesses for good.”
For more information about Virgin Pulse and its wellbeing engagement solutions, visit www.virginpulse.com.
About Virgin Pulse
Virgin Pulse, a leading provider of technology solutions that promote employee engagement and wellbeing and part of Sir Richard Branson’s Virgin Group, helps employers create workforces that are happier, healthier and ultimately more productive. The company’s modern, mobile first platform delivers a personalized user experience that utilizes gamification to engage users in building habits that inspire meaningful and measurable change across individuals and the businesses they serve. By helping employees thrive at work and in all aspects of life, Virgin Pulse is helping change lives and businesses around the world for good. More than 3,000 global organizations representing many of the Fortune 500 and Best Places to Work, have selected Virgin Pulse’s solutions to engage their workforces and drive their businesses forward. To learn more, visit www.virginpulse.com.
Corporate Communications, Virgin Pulse
Source:Virgin Pulse, Inc.