SYDNEY, April 5 (Reuters) - London metals edged higher on Thursday as the global market mood lifted after comments by the U.S. on China soothed concerns about an escalating trade spat between the world's two biggest economies.
* COPPER: London Metal Exchange copper edged up 0.2 percent to $6734.50 a tonne by 0704 GMT, after falling 1 percent in the previous session. Prices are rebounding from a three-month low of $6532 a tonne hit on March 23.
* SHFE: The Shanghai Futures Exchange was closed Thursday for China's national Tomb Sweeping Day holiday.
* U.S. TRADE: The United States signalled its willingness on Wednesday to try to resolve an escalating trade dispute with China after Beijing retaliated against proposed U.S. tariffs on $50 billion in Chinese goods by targeting key American imports.
* CHINA TRADE: The U.S. and China should avoid a trade war, China's Ambassador to the United States, Cui Tiankai, said on Wednesday, stressing that Beijing's preference was to resolve the dispute through negotiations.
* ALUMINIUM: Shanghai Futures Exchange (ShFE) aluminium stocks have fallen for the first time in more than nine months, giving the market faint hopes of a drawdown on record inventories of the metal in China, the world's biggest aluminium producer and consumer.
* For the top stories in metals and other news, click or
* Asian shares bounced back from two-month lows on Thursday as world equities recovered from a sell-off triggered by the escalating China-U.S. trade tensions, with investors hoping a full-blown trade war can be averted.
DATA/EVENTS 0600 Germany Industrial orders Feb 0750 France Markit services PMI Mar 0800 Euro zone Markit services PMI final Mar 0855 Germany Markit services PMI Mar 0900 Euro zone Producer prices Feb 0900 Euro zone Retail sales Feb 1230 U.S. Weekly jobless claims 1230 U.S. International trade Feb PRICES BASE METALS PRICES
Three month LME copper 6734.5 Most active ShFE copper 0 Three month LME aluminium 1997 Most active ShFE aluminium 0 Three month LME zinc 3262 Most active ShFE zinc 0 Three month LME lead 2378 Most active ShFE lead 0 Three month LME nickel 13235 Most active ShFE nickel 0 Three month LME tin 20940 Most active ShFE tin 0
BASE METALS ARBITRAGE
LME/SHFE COPPER LMESHFCUc3 0 LME/SHFE ALUMINIUM LMESHFALc3 0 LME/SHFE ZINC LMESHFZNc3 0 LME/SHFE LEAD LMESHFPBc3 293.39 LME/SHFE NICKEL LMESHFNIc3 1929.37
(Reporting by Melanie Burton Editing by Aaron Sheldrick)