(Adds details, updates prices) SYDNEY, April 5 (Reuters) - London metals crept higher on Thursday as the global market sentiment improved after comments escalating trade spat between the world's two biggest economies.
FUNDAMENTALS COPPER: London Metal Exchange copper was up 0.4 percent at $6,753.50 a tonne by 0755 GMT, after falling 1 percent in the previous session. Prices are rebounding from a three-month low of $6532 a tonne hit on March 23.
* SHFE: The Shanghai Futures Exchange was closed Thursday and Friday for China's national Tomb Sweeping Day holiday.
* U.S. TRADE: The United States signaled its willingness on Wednesday to try to resolve an escalating trade dispute with China after Beijing retaliated against proposed U.S. tariffs on $50 billion in Chinese goods by targeting key American imports.
* CHINA TRADE: The United States and China should avoid a trade war, China's Ambassador to the United States, Cui Tiankai, said on Wednesday, stressing that Beijing's preference was to resolve the dispute through negotiations.
* ALUMINIUM: Shanghai Futures Exchange (ShFE) aluminum stocks have fallen for the first time in more than nine months, giving the market faint hopes of a drawdown on record inventories of the metal in China, the world's biggest aluminum producer and consumer.
* GERMANY: German industrial orders rose less than expected in February due to weak domestic demand, data showed on Thursday, but the Economy Ministry said demand should pick up later this year.
* OTHER METALS: LME nickel rebounded 1 percent after sliding 2.4 percent on Wednesday.
* For the top stories in metals and other news, click or
* Asian shares bounced from two-month lows on Thursday as world equities recovered from a selloff triggered by escalating Sino-U.S. trade tensions, with investors hoping a full-blown trade war between the world's two biggest economies can be averted.
DATA/EVENTS 0750 France Markit services PMI Mar 0800 Euro zone Markit services PMI final Mar 0855 Germany Markit services PMI Mar 0900 Euro zone Producer prices Feb 0900 Euro zone Retail sales Feb 1230 U.S. Weekly jobless claims 1230 U.S. International trade Feb PRICES 0715 GMT
Three month LME copper 6763 Most active ShFE copper 0 Three month LME aluminum 1988 Most active ShFE aluminum 0 Three month LME zinc 3242.5 Most active ShFE zinc 0 Three month LME lead 2372.5 Most active ShFE lead 0 Three month LME nickel 13270 Most active ShFE nickel 0 Three month LME tin 20940 Most active ShFE tin 0 LME/SHFE COPPER LMESHFCUc3 0 LME/SHFE ALUMINIUM LMESHFALc3 0 LME/SHFE ZINC LMESHFZNc3 0 LME/SHFE LEAD LMESHFPBc3 266.57 LME/SHFE NICKEL LMESHFNIc3 1612.71
(Reporting by Melanie Burton, Editing by Aaron Sheldrick and Sherry Jacob-Phillips)