BEIJING, Aug 10 (Reuters) - Copper prices moved higher in Shanghai and London in early Asian trade on Friday and were set to end the week in positive territory as the prospect of strikes at copper mines in Chile, including Escondida, the world's largest, drew nearer.
* COPPER: Three-month copper on the London Metal Exchange nudged up 0.2 percent to $6,212.50 a tonne, as of 0116 GMT, extending a 0.8 percent gain in the previous session.
* SHFE COPPER: The most traded October copper contract on the Shanghai Futures Exchange was up 0.5 percent to 49,950 yuan ($7,324.15) a tonne and is on course for a weekly gain of 1.3 percent.
* OPTIONS: The Shanghai Futures Exchange (ShFE) says it is planning to introduce a market-maker system for its upcoming copper options contract in order to ensure liquidity.
* CHILE: The main union at Chile's Caserones copper mine said on Wednesday that a last round of labor negotiations with mine operator Lumina Copper had broken down and that a strike was imminent.
* ALUMINIUM: Three-month aluminum on the LME was up 1 percent at $2,089 a tonne, after ending down 1.3 percent in the previous session on profit-taking. ShFE aluminum was down 0.6 percent at 14,665 yuan a tonne.
* ALUMINIUM STOCKS: On-warrant stocks of aluminum available to the market in LME-registered warehouses have fallen to 832,775 tonnes, the lowest since 2007, supporting prices. <MALSTX-TOTAL>
* OPEN INTEREST: Market open interest in ShFE aluminum rose to its highest since April on Thursday. Long positions on the October contract rose by a massive 15,237 lots to 96,974 lots, while shorts were up by 17,853 lots to 106,718 lots. Citic Futures is the top position holder for each.
* For the top stories in metals and other news, click or
* Asian stock markets fell on Friday amid heightened global trade tensions, while currency markets were whipsawed by a searing selloff in Russia's rouble after the United States slapped on new sanctions, and as economic worries sent the Turkish lira tumbling.
Three month LME copper
Most active ShFE copper
Three month LME aluminum
Most active ShFE aluminum
Three month LME zinc
Most active ShFE zinc
Three month LME lead
Most active ShFE lead
Three month LME nickel
Most active ShFE nickel
Three month LME tin
Most active ShFE tin
ARBS ($1 = 6.8199 Chinese yuan renminbi)
(Reporting by Tom Daly)