The Goldman Sachs technology M&A team, led by Sam Britton, has cashed in on its software focus and decades of experience to dominate 2019's biggest deals.Technologyread more
American small and medium-size companies that rely on China are scrambling to adjust their business plans in response to the escalating trade war.Traderead more
Here are the products that stand to be the most affected by China's new tariffs on $75 billion worth of U.S. goods.Marketsread more
The summit comes amid fears over a global economic slowdown, and U.S. tensions over trade allies, Iran and Russia.Politicsread more
The world's second biggest economy is past a point where it cannot ignore its enormous debt anymore, according to an analyst.China Economyread more
Carl Medlock used to work at Tesla. Now he's one of the few people in the U.S. that can fix the company's original Roadster electric vehicles.Technologyread more
Trump does have some powerful tools that would not require approval from U.S. Congress.Politicsread more
Stocks dropped after Donald Trump ordered that U.S. manufacturers find alternatives to their operations in China.US Marketsread more
As demand for lab monkeys continues to rise, U.S. scientists are reporting delays in research projects because they can't obtain enough animals, according to the National...Politicsread more
The European Union will respond in kind if the U.S. imposes tariffs on France over digital tax plan, EU chief Donald Tusk told G-7.Technologyread more
Trump said he will raise tariffs on $250 billion in Chinese goods to 30% and hike duties on another $300 billion in products to 15%.Politicsread more
April 17 (Reuters) - ICE cotton futures edged higher on Wednesday as the technical picture for prices improved, supported by optimism from progressing U.S.-China trade talks.
* The most-active cotton contract on ICE Futures U.S., July , settled up 0.4 cent, or 0.51 percent, at 78.96 cents per lb.
* "Prices are trading in a range. It finds support at the bottom and goes back up," said Jim Nunn, owner of Tennessee cotton brokerage Nunn Cotton, adding that the market is testing the 200-day moving average around 80.02 cents.
* Cotton prices traded within a range of 78.1 to 79.25 cents a lb during the session.
* Prices were trading above key technical levels including the 100-day moving average. Speculators who trade on technical signals regard a break above the 100-day moving average as a bullish sign.
* When prices break above 80 cents, it will pull prices higher like a magnet on speculative buying, boosted by U.S.-China trade talks and export numbers on Thursday, if good, Nunn said.
* The USDA will release its weekly export sales report on Thursday.
* Markets are hopeful that an end to the long-drawn trade war between the United States and China was near, after the U.S. Treasury Secretary said he hoped talks were approaching a final lap.
* "Optimism regarding U.S.-China trade talks and poor weather conditions have given a lift to most agricultural prices this year," analysts from Capital Economics said in a research note.
* Total futures market volume fell by 8,666 to 36,847 lots. Data showed total open interest fell 2,390 to 212,509 contracts in the previous session.
* Certificated cotton stocks <CERT-COT-STX> deliverable as of April 16 totaled 55,517 480-lb bales, up from 53,421 in the previous session.
(Reporting by Karthika Suresh Namboothiri in Bengaluru Editing by Matthew Lewis)