Huawei Technologies will immediately lose access to updates to the Android operating system, a source close the matter told Reuters.Technologyread more
Huawei claims it has developed its own operating system for smartphones and laptops for "extenuating circumstances."Technologyread more
Trump's threat, posted on Twitter, comes amid rising international tensions in the Middle East as the U.S. has dispatched a carrier strike group and bomber task force to the...Politicsread more
Prime Minister Narendra Modi and his Bharatiya Janata Party are set to form the new government again, exit polls from India's month-long parliamentary elections show. But past...Electionsread more
The latest crisis in the uneasy French-German relationship was accelerated by Trump's decision to stop Germany's comfortable and decades-old free-riding on trade and security...Europe Politicsread more
While some fans of the long-running "Game of Thrones" felt satisfied by the show's final bow, others were quick to express their displeasure with how events unfolded.Entertainmentread more
Stocks in Asia were mostly higher on Monday amid rising tensions between the U.S. and China.Asia Marketsread more
Current geopolitical tensions are making it harder and harder for oil-producing nations to make decisions that will help stabilize crude prices, Russian Energy Minister...Oilread more
Russian Energy Minister Alexander Novak said there were different options available for OPEC and its oil-producing allies in the second half of 2019, including a possible...Oilread more
The Australian Electoral Commission (AEC) on Monday said Morrison's coalition has won 76 seats in Australia's parliament, which is comprised of 151 elected lawmakers.Electionsread more
U.S. President Donald Trump said his tariffs on Chinese goods are causing companies to move production out of China to Vietnam and other countries in Asia, and added that any...World Politicsread more
April 29 (Reuters) - ICE cotton futures fell 1 percent to touch a two-week low on Monday, as weather conditions across the U.S. cotton growing areas improved for harvesting the natural fiber crop.
* The most-active cotton contract on ICE Futures U.S. July
settled down 0.75 cent, or 0.97 percent, at 76.95 cents per lb.
* The second-month contract fell to its lowest level since April 15 at 76.85 per cents.
* "Improved weather conditions across the U.S. are weighing on prices along with lower corn acreage across the southern U.S., which will likely translate in to higher cotton acreage," said Louis Rose, director of research and analytics at Tennessee-based Rose Commodity Group.
* The outlook for cotton prices, however, remained bullish, with good demand for the natural fiber, according to analysts.
* Meanwhile, White House economic adviser Larry Kudlow said he remains cautiously optimistic about prospects for a U.S.-China trade deal and that he was expecting a much clearer picture on a trade deal by end of the next two weeks.
* Market participants are keeping a close watch on weather conditions across the United States and any update on U.S.-China trade negotiations, said Jack Scoville, vice president at Price Futures Group in Chicago.
* Total futures market volume fell by 1,842 to 22,309 lots. Data showed total open interest fell 1,667 to 210,167 contracts in the previous session.
* Certificated cotton stocks <CERT-COT-STX> deliverable as of April 25 totaled 64,241 480-lb bales, up from 62,657 in the previous session.
(Reporting by Brijesh Patel in Bengaluru Editing by Chizu Nomiyama)