Huawei CEO Ren Zhengfei laid out plans to bring more efficiencies to the organization. This included simplifying the reporting structure, cutting down on surplus staff, axing...Technologyread more
The bond market has entered a financial twilight zone, and at this point, there doesn't seem to be a smooth way out.Market Insiderread more
China has used both monetary and fiscal measures to lift economic activity as its trade war with the U.S. looks set to intensify in the coming months.China Economyread more
President Donald Trump said on Twitter he was postponing a scheduled meeting with Denmark's prime minister because of her lack of interest in discussing a possible sale of...World Politicsread more
"I think (rate cuts) will help, but whether they're going to be sufficient to counter the negative trade pressures and global growth slowdown and impact is debatable," one...Central Banksread more
Chinese overseas investment growth will likely slow or even decline in the next few years as risks around the world increase, according to new research by Moody's Investors...China Economyread more
The two countries want to smash the civil aerospace duopoly enjoyed by Airbus and Boeing.Aerospace & Defenseread more
Alibaba held a board meeting before its latest quarterly earnings release last week, during which the board decided to postpone the Hong Kong listing, Reuters reported.Technologyread more
Federal Reserve Chairman Jerome Powell is set to deliver his annual speech on Friday at the Jackson Hole, Wyoming symposium, where he's expected to provide more clarity on the...Asia Marketsread more
U.S. and Asian investors poured $3.7 billion into U.K. tech start-ups in the first seven months of 2019, research shows.Technologyread more
After Elon Musk touts Tesla solar on Twitter, Walmart sues the electric vehicle and clean energy company over store rooftop panels that ignited.Technologyread more
April 29 (Reuters) - ICE cotton futures fell 1 percent to touch a two-week low on Monday, as weather conditions across the U.S. cotton growing areas improved for harvesting the natural fiber crop.
* The most-active cotton contract on ICE Futures U.S. July
settled down 0.75 cent, or 0.97 percent, at 76.95 cents per lb.
* The second-month contract fell to its lowest level since April 15 at 76.85 per cents.
* "Improved weather conditions across the U.S. are weighing on prices along with lower corn acreage across the southern U.S., which will likely translate in to higher cotton acreage," said Louis Rose, director of research and analytics at Tennessee-based Rose Commodity Group.
* The outlook for cotton prices, however, remained bullish, with good demand for the natural fiber, according to analysts.
* Meanwhile, White House economic adviser Larry Kudlow said he remains cautiously optimistic about prospects for a U.S.-China trade deal and that he was expecting a much clearer picture on a trade deal by end of the next two weeks.
* Market participants are keeping a close watch on weather conditions across the United States and any update on U.S.-China trade negotiations, said Jack Scoville, vice president at Price Futures Group in Chicago.
* Total futures market volume fell by 1,842 to 22,309 lots. Data showed total open interest fell 1,667 to 210,167 contracts in the previous session.
* Certificated cotton stocks <CERT-COT-STX> deliverable as of April 25 totaled 64,241 480-lb bales, up from 62,657 in the previous session.
(Reporting by Brijesh Patel in Bengaluru Editing by Chizu Nomiyama)