Trump's tweet comes a day after Apple put out a press release describing the money it spends on U.S.-based suppliers and vendors.Technologyread more
President Donald Trump held a call on Wednesday with the CEOs of three major U.S. banks, according to people with knowledge of the situation.Marketsread more
Benefits from what President Trump called "the biggest reform of all time" to the tax code have dwindled to a faint breeze just 20 months after its enactment, writes John...Politicsread more
Epstein, 66, was found in his cell in Manhattan federal lockup Saturday morning and transferred to a nearby hospital, where he was subsequently pronounced dead.Politicsread more
Air travelers faced delays at U.S. airports on Friday afternoon after a computer issue snarled processing of international arrivals.Airlinesread more
Daniel Povey, a professor who was fired by Johns Hopkins University, said he will no longer go work at Facebook after the company asked him to work as a contractor while it...Technologyread more
Markets would like Fed Chairman Jerome Powell to clarify whether the Fed sees itself at the beginning of a serious, longer-term rate cutting cycle.Market Insiderread more
In comparative terms, CEOs now make on average 278 times the average worker's salary, according to the Economic Policy Institute.Executive Compensationread more
The former cellmate's lawyer, Bruce Barket, told NBC that officials at the jailhouse said in an email that Tartaglione would face no charges or internal discipline now that...Politicsread more
Roger Stone and the Department of Justice have been sparring for a month over whether jurors can be shown a 4-minute-and-20-second clip from the film.Politicsread more
As part of his new proposal to combat hate and violence, O'Rourke wants to make social media companies liable for users' hateful content.Technologyread more
SINGAPORE, April 30 (Reuters) - Most industrial metals fell on Tuesday, after data showed growth in China's factory activity unexpectedly slowed in April, suggesting the economy is still struggling to regain traction. China's official Purchasing Managers' Index (PMI) fell to 50.1 in April from 50.5 in March, lower than analysts' expectation that the PMI would be unchanged from March's reading, pointing to continued but modest expansion despite a flurry of support measures.
* Three-month copper on the London Metal Exchange eased 0.1 percent to $6389 a tonne by 0208 GMT, while nickel fell 0.2 percent, zinc was down 0.2 percent and lead decreased 0.3 percent.
* Shanghai copper edged up 0.2 percent to 48,930 yuan ($7,264.93) a tonne, aluminum rose 0.2 percent, nickel was down 0.2 percent and zinc advanced 0.8 percent.
* Russian aluminum giant Rusal has appointed Charles Brian Hesse the head of its office in the United States at a time when it is trying to strengthen its presence in North America, the firm said in a statement.
* China's five largest state-owned banks posted modest first-quarter profit growth, though slightly below expectations, as policymakers pushed lenders to make more loans to support the slowing economy.
* For the top stories in metals and other news, click or
* Shares in Asia fell as readings on China's manufacturing activity failed to meet expectations, underscoring weakness in the world's second-largest economy despite Beijing's attempts to spur growth.
0530 France GDP Preliminary QQ Q1
0645 France CPI (EU Norm) Prelim YY April
0755 Germany Unemployment Chg SA April
0755 Germany Unemployment Rate SA April
0900 EU GDP Flash Prelim YY QQ Q1
0900 EU Unemployment Rate March
1200 Germany CPI Prelim YY April
1200 Germany HICP Prelim YY April
1400 US Consumer Confidence April
U.S. Federal Reserve's Federal Open Market Committee
to commence its two-day meeting on interest rates
Three month LME copper
Most active ShFE copper
Three month LME aluminum
Most active ShFE aluminum
Three month LME zinc
Most active ShFE zinc
Three month LME lead
Most active ShFE lead
Three month LME nickel
Most active ShFE nickel
Three month LME tin
Most active ShFE tin
ARBS ($1 = 6.7351 Chinese yuan renminbi)
(Reporting by Mai Nguyen; Editing by Rashmi Aich)