The company's S-1 lays the groundwork for what is widely expected to be one of the largest initial public offerings of the year, second only to Uber's IPO in May. It's also...Technologyread more
Fraud investigator Harry Markopolos' accusations extended beyond GE's management to actuaries, auditors and analysts who he claims overlooked billions in liabilities.Marketsread more
Trump's tweet comes a day after Apple put out a press release describing the money it spends on U.S.-based suppliers and vendors.Technologyread more
CNBC combed through Wall Street research to see which stocks are still a buy after their earnings reports.Marketsread more
President Donald Trump held a call on Wednesday with the CEOs of three major U.S. banks, according to people with knowledge of the situation.Marketsread more
Despite aggressive strides, Waymo needs one thing before their self-driving cars become a seriously useful transportation system: people. We talked to the ones closest to it.Technologyread more
Scientists say the smoke plumes, filled with megatons of tiny, harmful particles, could travel to other areas of the world and cause serious respiratory problems for people.Weather & Natural Disastersread more
Some Weight Watchers loyalists applaud Kurbo by WW. But nutritionists worry Kurbo promotes an unhealthy relationship with food during an especially impressionable time.Health and Scienceread more
Benefits from what President Trump called "the biggest reform of all time" to the tax code have dwindled to a faint breeze just 20 months after its enactment, writes John...Politicsread more
Epstein, 66, was found in his cell in Manhattan federal lockup Saturday morning and transferred to a nearby hospital, where he was subsequently pronounced dead.Politicsread more
Air travelers faced delays at U.S. airports on Friday afternoon after a computer issue snarled processing of international arrivals.Airlinesread more
MANILA, May 6 (Reuters) - Shanghai base metals fell sharply on Monday, with copper and nickel declining more than 3 percent, as trade tensions between China and the United States escalated, just days after investors were upbeat about progress in the two countries' trade talks.
President Donald Trump on Sunday announced he would hike tariffs on $200 billion worth of Chinese goods this week and target hundreds of billions more soon.
Trump's remarks took Chinese officials by surprise and Beijing was considering cancelling this week's trade talks in Washington in light of his comments, the Wall Street Journal reported on Sunday night.
Just last week, U.S. Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin said the two countries completed "productive" trade talks in Beijing, with some observers saying a deal announcement was possible this week in Washington.
* The most-traded copper contract on the Shanghai Futures Exchange fell as much as 3.1 percent to 47,420 yuan ($6,982.98) a tonne in early trade, and was down 1.9 percent by 0209 GMT.
* The Shanghai exchange was closed for five days from May 1 for the Labour Day holidays.
* Copper on the London Metal Exchange rose on Friday on a weaker dollar and expectations for progress in U.S.-China trade talks, but the move higher was not enough to rescue prices from their worst week since November.
* Shanghai nickel futures slid as much as 3.2 percent to 95,000 yuan a tonne.
* LME Asia Week, LME's Hong Kong gathering of executives, traders and brokers, kicks off on Monday.
* For the top stories in metals and other news, click or
* Asian equities tumbled, oil prices plunged and the safe-haven yen strengthened early on Monday as trade negotiations between China and the United States deteriorated suddenly, reversing apparent progress made in recent months.
Three month LME copper
Most active ShFE copper
Three month LME aluminium
Most active ShFE aluminium
Three month LME zinc
Most active ShFE zinc
Three month LME lead
Most active ShFE lead
Three month LME nickel
Most active ShFE nickel
Three month LME tin
Most active ShFE tin
ARBS ($1 = 6.7908 Chinese yuan)
(Reporting by Enrico dela Cruz; editing by Uttaresh.V)