The company's S-1 lays the groundwork for what is widely expected to be one of the largest initial public offerings of the year, second only to Uber's IPO in May. It's also...Technologyread more
Fraud investigator Harry Markopolos' accusations extended beyond GE's management to actuaries, auditors and analysts who he claims overlooked billions in liabilities.Marketsread more
Trump's tweet comes a day after Apple put out a press release describing the money it spends on U.S.-based suppliers and vendors.Technologyread more
CNBC combed through Wall Street research to see which stocks are still a buy after their earnings reports.Marketsread more
President Donald Trump held a call on Wednesday with the CEOs of three major U.S. banks, according to people with knowledge of the situation.Marketsread more
Despite aggressive strides, Waymo needs one thing before their self-driving cars become a seriously useful transportation system: people. We talked to the ones closest to it.Technologyread more
Scientists say the smoke plumes, filled with megatons of tiny, harmful particles, could travel to other areas of the world and cause serious respiratory problems for people.Weather & Natural Disastersread more
Some Weight Watchers loyalists applaud Kurbo by WW. But nutritionists worry Kurbo promotes an unhealthy relationship with food during an especially impressionable time.Health and Scienceread more
Benefits from what President Trump called "the biggest reform of all time" to the tax code have dwindled to a faint breeze just 20 months after its enactment, writes John...Politicsread more
Epstein, 66, was found in his cell in Manhattan federal lockup Saturday morning and transferred to a nearby hospital, where he was subsequently pronounced dead.Politicsread more
Air travelers faced delays at U.S. airports on Friday afternoon after a computer issue snarled processing of international arrivals.Airlinesread more
May 6 (Reuters) - Gold rose on Monday after U.S. President Donald Trump threatened to impose tariffs on Chinese goods, indicating a dramatic deterioration in Sino-U.S. trade talks and prompting a sharp downturn in riskier assets.
* Spot gold rose 0.3 percent to $1,282.96 per ounce as of 0121 GMT.
* U.S. gold futures were up 0.2 percent to $1,283.70 an ounce.
* United States President Donald Trump dramatically increased pressure on China to reach a trade deal by announcing on Sunday he would hike tariffs on $200 billion worth of Chinese goods this week and target hundreds of billions more soon.
* Asian equities tumbled while oil prices plunged on Monday after the sudden deterioration in Sino-U.S. trade talks, which reversed apparent progress made in recent months.
* According to a report by the Wall Street Journal, China now considers cancelling trade talks with the U.S. this week after Trump threatened to hike tariffs.
* Gold is used as a safe-haven investment in times of geopolitical or global economic turmoil.
* The safe-haven yen climbed and the yuan slid on Monday after Trump's announcement, sending riskier assets into a spin and slamming stock futures.
* Gold demand was robust in India and Singapore last week as a correction in prices ahead of a key gold-buying festival boosted purchases even as major centres like China and Japan were closed for most of the week due to holidays.
* SPDR Gold Trust, the world's largest gold-backed exchange-traded fund, said its holdings fell 0.63 percent to 740.82 tonnes on Friday from 745.52 tonnes on Thursday.
* The Perth Mint said its gold products sales in April fell about 39 percent from the previous month, according to a blog post.
* Breaker Resources NL on Monday announced the discovery of a new steep lode with abundant coarse visible gold below surface in the southern part of the Bombora gold deposit.
* Perseus Mining Ltd on Monday approved the construction of Yaouré gold mine in Côte D'Ivoire.
DATA AHEAD (GMT)
* 0800 EU Markit Comp Final PMI April (Reporting by Arijit Bose in Bengaluru; Editing by Shreejay Sinha)