While investing often seems like a contrarian game where going against the flow feels like the better bet, the reality is that investors who bought the most-favored stocks...Hedge Fundsread more
The White House has threatened to slap tariffs on apparel and footwear, leading retailers to speak out about how this would hurt business.Retailread more
"We are now embarking on a new Long March, and we must start all over again!" Xi Jinping said.Marketsread more
Comcast is working on a device to monitor people's health at home, as well as some media and communications services, according to people familiar with the plans.Technologyread more
Stock pickers are having their best year in a decade, according to Bank of America Merrill Lynch.Marketsread more
Craig Irwin of Roth Capital Partners said Apple tried to buy Tesla six years ago for a higher price than where the stock now trades.Technologyread more
Connecticut state Sen. Alex Bergstein's divorce case with her husband, Morgan Stanley managing director Seth Bergstein, has exposed her new romantic relationship with her...Politicsread more
CNBC's Jim Cramer says Morgan Stanley cutting its worst-case forecast on Tesla so drastically from $97 per share appears to be a gimmick.Investingread more
Binky Chadha, chief equity strategist at the firm, expects the market to pull back over the next three months before quickly bouncing back up.Investingread more
U.S. aviation officials believe a bird strike may have led to the deadly crash of an Ethiopian Airlines Boeing 737 Max in March, according to a person familiar with the...Aerospace & Defenseread more
The escalating trade war between China and the U.S. could increase pressure on the overall economy, according to Boston Fed President Eric Rosengren.The Fedread more
MANILA, May 7 (Reuters) - London base metals were mixed in early trade on Tuesday amid concerns that an escalating U.S.-China trade tension could hurt the global economy, but copper and nickel on the Shanghai Futures Exchange rebounded from the previous session's slump. U.S. President Donald Trump said he would impose additional tariffs on Chinese goods slated to go into effect on Friday, as China, according to U.S. trade officials, backtracked on substantial commitments it had made during the trade negotiations. Beijing is sending a delegation to Washington this week, led by Chinese Vice Premier Liu He, to try to reach a trade deal with the United States ahead of the tariffs imposition, U.S. Trade Representative Robert Lighthizer said on Monday.
* Three-month copper on the London Metal Exchange was up 0.8 percent at $6,283 a tonne, as of 0201 GMT.
* The most-traded ShFE copper contract rose 1.1 percent to 48,370 yuan ($7,145.18) a tonne, after hitting its lowest in more than three months on Monday.
* Three-month LME nickel fell 0.4 percent to $12,130
a tonne, while ShFE nickel , which also hit a more than
three-month low on Monday, was up 0.8 percent at $96,480 yuan a tonne.
* CHINA STIMULUS: China's central bank said on Monday it will cut reserve requirement ratios to release about 280 billion yuan ($41 billion) for some small- and medium-sized banks, in a targeted move to help companies struggling amid an economic slowdown.
* LME ASIA WEEK: Hong Kong Exchanges and Clearing Ltd Chief Executive Charles Li said on Tuesday the bourse was in official talks about setting up warehouses in mainland China.
* LME ASIA WEEK: The Hong Kong Futures Exchange plans to launch dollar-denominated mini contracts for six base metals in the coming months, the head of market development at the London Metal Exchange said on Monday.
* For the top stories in metals and other news, click or
* Asian shares wallowed near five-week lows on early Tuesday after U.S. President Donald Trump's threat to raise tariffs re-ignited worries about U.S.-China trade tensions, while Japan's Nikkei opened down after a 10-day break.
0130 Australia Retail Sales MM March0130 Australia Retail Trade Q10130 Australia Trade Balance G&S (A$) March0430 Australia RBA Cash Rate May0600 Germany Industrial Orders MM March0730 UK Halifax House Prices MM April1300 Russia CPI MM April1300 Russia CPI YY April
PRICES Three month LME copper Most active ShFE copper Three month LME aluminum Most active ShFE aluminum Three month LME zinc Most active ShFE zinc Three month LME lead Most active ShFE lead Three month LME nickel Most active ShFE nickel Three month LME tin Most active ShFE tin
($1 = 6.7696 Chinese yuan)
(Reporting by Enrico dela Cruz, Editing by Sherry Jacob-Phillips)