The combined business would be owned 50/50 between shareholders of FCA and Groupe Renault.Autosread more
Pro-EU parties are set to hold onto two-thirds of the seats at the EU Parliament.Europe Politicsread more
The U.S. is showing signs of targeting China's domestic surveillance and the tech supporting it.Technologyread more
Smartphone users in Singapore, the U.K. and China told CNBC's "Beyond The Valley" that foldable smartphones are "very strange," "super bulky," and expensive compared to the...Technologyread more
The result comes shortly after Conservative Party leader Theresa May announced her resignation as prime minister on Friday morning.Europe Politicsread more
Investors are largely focused on results of the EU parliamentary elections. Euroskeptic parties in Britain and France made solid gains.Europe Marketsread more
Former Apple CEO John Sculley says this skill is vital to all great business leadership.Successread more
A Beijing decision to rapidly and sharply cut its excessive and unsustainable trade surplus with the U.S. would change for the better the bilateral relationship, writes...World Economyread more
Prime Minister Narendra Modi has to make sure that India becomes a highly competitive manufacturing hub where global investors will look to invest, the chairman of India...Asia Economyread more
U.S. President Donald Trump said Monday he expects to get the trade gap with Japan "straightened out rapidly," adding that announcements on that could come as soon as August.World Economyread more
Bitcoin surged more than 9% from the day before to hit its highest level in more than a year.Technologyread more
MANILA, May 8 (Reuters) - Prices for most Shanghai base metals fell on Wednesday amid uncertainty over U.S.-China trade talks this week, but London copper pulled away from lows marked in the previous session.
The long-standing trade conflict between Washington and Beijing has slowed the global economy and clouded the outlook for demand from top metals consumer China.
Market participants are braced for stormy conditions to persist, industry sources attending LME Asia Week events in Hong Kong this week said.
* The most-traded copper contract on the Shanghai Futures Exchange fell as much as 1.1 percent to 47,760 yuan ($7,054.86) a tonne.
* Benchmark copper on the London Metal Exchange was up 0.6 percent at $6,216 a tonne as of 0206 GMT, after trading near 2-1/2 month lows on Tuesday.
* CHILE: Copper production at Chile's top mines dropped sharply in the first quarter of 2019, Chilean copper commission Cochilco said on Tuesday, amid a perfect storm of operational issues, heavy rains and falling ore grades at the largest deposits.
* TALKS: Chinese Vice Premier Liu He will travel to Washington for two days of trade talks this week, China said on Tuesday, setting up a last-ditch bid for a deal that would avoid a sharp increase in tariffs on Chinese goods ordered by U.S. President Donald Trump.
* For the top stories in metals and other news, click or
* Asian equities tracked Wall Street's slide on Wednesday as the latest developments in the U.S.-China trade conflict fanned fresh fears about global growth, driving support for safe-haven government bonds.
0600 Germany Industrial Output MM March
N/A China Exports YY April
N/A China Imports YY April
N/A China Trade Balance USD April
Three month LME copper
Most active ShFE copper
Three month LME aluminium
Most active ShFE aluminium
Three month LME zinc
Most active ShFE zinc
Three month LME lead
Most active ShFE lead
Three month LME nickel
Most active ShFE nickel
Three month LME tin
Most active ShFE tin
ARBS ($1 = 6.7698 Chinese yuan)
(Reporting by Enrico dela Cruz; Editing by Joseph Radford)