The Goldman Sachs technology M&A team, led by Sam Britton, has cashed in on its software focus and decades of experience to dominate 2019's biggest deals.Technologyread more
American small and medium-size companies that rely on China are scrambling to adjust their business plans in response to the escalating trade war.Traderead more
Here are the products that stand to be the most affected by China's new tariffs on $75 billion worth of U.S. goods.Marketsread more
The summit comes amid fears over a global economic slowdown, and U.S. tensions over trade allies, Iran and Russia.Politicsread more
The world's second biggest economy is past a point where it cannot ignore its enormous debt anymore, according to an analyst.China Economyread more
Carl Medlock used to work at Tesla. Now he's one of the few people in the U.S. that can fix the company's original Roadster electric vehicles.Technologyread more
Trump does have some powerful tools that would not require approval from U.S. Congress.Politicsread more
Stocks dropped after Donald Trump ordered that U.S. manufacturers find alternatives to their operations in China.US Marketsread more
As demand for lab monkeys continues to rise, U.S. scientists are reporting delays in research projects because they can't obtain enough animals, according to the National...Politicsread more
The European Union will respond in kind if the U.S. imposes tariffs on France over digital tax plan, EU chief Donald Tusk told G-7.Technologyread more
Trump said he will raise tariffs on $250 billion in Chinese goods to 30% and hike duties on another $300 billion in products to 15%.Politicsread more
MANILA, May 8 (Reuters) - Prices for most Shanghai base metals fell on Wednesday amid uncertainty over U.S.-China trade talks this week, but London copper pulled away from lows marked in the previous session.
The long-standing trade conflict between Washington and Beijing has slowed the global economy and clouded the outlook for demand from top metals consumer China.
Market participants are braced for stormy conditions to persist, industry sources attending LME Asia Week events in Hong Kong this week said.
* The most-traded copper contract on the Shanghai Futures Exchange fell as much as 1.1 percent to 47,760 yuan ($7,054.86) a tonne.
* Benchmark copper on the London Metal Exchange was up 0.6 percent at $6,216 a tonne as of 0206 GMT, after trading near 2-1/2 month lows on Tuesday.
* CHILE: Copper production at Chile's top mines dropped sharply in the first quarter of 2019, Chilean copper commission Cochilco said on Tuesday, amid a perfect storm of operational issues, heavy rains and falling ore grades at the largest deposits.
* TALKS: Chinese Vice Premier Liu He will travel to Washington for two days of trade talks this week, China said on Tuesday, setting up a last-ditch bid for a deal that would avoid a sharp increase in tariffs on Chinese goods ordered by U.S. President Donald Trump.
* For the top stories in metals and other news, click or
* Asian equities tracked Wall Street's slide on Wednesday as the latest developments in the U.S.-China trade conflict fanned fresh fears about global growth, driving support for safe-haven government bonds.
0600 Germany Industrial Output MM March
N/A China Exports YY April
N/A China Imports YY April
N/A China Trade Balance USD April
Three month LME copper
Most active ShFE copper
Three month LME aluminium
Most active ShFE aluminium
Three month LME zinc
Most active ShFE zinc
Three month LME lead
Most active ShFE lead
Three month LME nickel
Most active ShFE nickel
Three month LME tin
Most active ShFE tin
ARBS ($1 = 6.7698 Chinese yuan)
(Reporting by Enrico dela Cruz; Editing by Joseph Radford)