Google has suspended business activity involving the transfer of hardware, software and key technical services with Huawei. Analysts say that could be a big blow to the...Technologyread more
Global dividends reached a first-quarter record of $263.3 billion, rising 7.8% despite concerns about the world economy, according to new reach Monday.Marketsread more
Trump's threat, posted on Twitter, comes amid rising international tensions in the Middle East as the U.S. has dispatched a carrier strike group and bomber task force to the...Politicsread more
Huawei Technologies will immediately lose access to updates to the Android operating system, a source close the matter told Reuters.Technologyread more
The firm upgraded the stock to equal-weight from underweight ahead of the company's earnings on Wednesday.Marketsread more
Huawei claims it has developed its own operating system for smartphones and laptops for "extenuating circumstances."Technologyread more
Current geopolitical tensions are making it harder and harder for oil-producing nations to make decisions that will help stabilize crude prices, Russian Energy Minister...Oilread more
Yardeni Research's Edward Yardeni recommends investing in U.S. companies with exposure to China.Trading Nationread more
Oil prices jumped on Monday after Saudi Energy Minister Khalid al-Falih indicated there was a consensus among OPEC and allied oil producers to continue limiting supply.Energyread more
Bank, property and healthcare stocks jumped, pushing Australian markets to a 11-year high, as Scott Morrison and the Liberal-led conservation government are poised for a...World Marketsread more
Goldman Sachs is in talks to buy B&B Hotels from private equity firm PAI Partners, the companies said on Monday, in a deal which an earlier report from the Financial Times...Investingread more
May 8 (Reuters) - Gold prices firmed on Wednesday as renewed concerns on U.S.-China trade dispute upset risk appetite, boosting demand for safe-haven assets.
* Spot gold was up 0.1 percent at $1,285.76 per ounce as of 0109 GMT.
* U.S. gold futures edged 0.1 percent higher to $1,287.40 an ounce.
* Chinese Vice Premier Liu He will travel to Washington for two days of trade talks this week, China said on Tuesday, setting up a last-ditch bid for a deal that would avoid a sharp increase in tariffs on Chinese goods ordered by U.S. President Donald Trump.
* Asian equities tracked Wall Street's slide on Wednesday as the latest developments in the U.S.-China trade conflict fanned fresh fears about global growth, driving support for safe-haven government bonds.
* Growing fears about the impact on global growth from a worsening U.S.-Sino trade conflict kept the Japanese yen, which like gold is also a safe-haven asset, near its highest since late March.
* Indians could buy at least 10 percent more gold during the annual Hindu and Jain holy festival of Akshaya Tritiya than a year ago, industry officials said, as a recent dip in prices prompted consumers to increase purchases.
* SPDR Gold Trust, the world's largest gold-backed exchange-traded fund, said its holdings rose 0.04 percent to 739.94 tonnes on Tuesday from 739.64 tonnes on Monday.
* International sanctions could be reimposed on Iran if it reneges on commitments under its nuclear deal, sources at the French presidency said on Tuesday, after Tehran said it would scale back its compliance a year after Washington pulled out.
* Russia's Norilsk Nickel (Nornickel), the world's largest palladium and refined nickel producer, says it expects palladium demand to exceed supply for another three to four years.
DATA AHEAD (GMT)
* 0600 Germany Industrial Output MM March
* N/A China Exports YY April
* N/A China Imports YY April
* N/A China Trade Balance USD April (Reporting by Arijit Bose in Bengaluru; Editing by Shreejay Sinha)