Wall Street analysts think Facebook's cryptocurrency payments project will give the company a big boost.Marketsread more
Facebook's reported move into cryptocurrency could amount to the biggest catalyst for digital assets in their decade-long history, some crypto investors say.Bitcoinread more
The Fed is expected to cut rates multiple times, but the reason behind those cuts could have vastly different implications for the market.Marketsread more
"This is going to be the biggest thing that's happened to Facebook in years," says CNBC's Jim Cramer. "It will be vital."Investingread more
A recent Fed survey showed that workers' confidence for finding a new job after losing their current position was at 61.5% in May.Economyread more
These are the stocks posting the largest moves midday.Market Insiderread more
The red-hot market for new public companies in 2019 like Beyond Meat and Chewy could spell bad news for the stock market, Bernstein says.Marketsread more
The "captive carry flight test" evaluates the mock weapon during flight and is the Air Force's latest step in the budding hypersonic arms race between China and Russia.Politicsread more
It's about time to write off high-growth tech stocks, Goldman warns, saying software carries the highest multiples since the tech bubble.Marketsread more
Profits for major U.S. tobacco companies could be cut in half if the FDA adopts a "maximum nicotine" rule within the next 15 years, according to analysts at Morgan Stanley.Tobaccoread more
Former Egyptian president Mohamed Mursi has died in court, state television reported on Monday.World Politicsread more
SAO PAULO, June 6 (Reuters) - Brazilian niobium miner Cia Brasileira de Metalurgica e Mineração is considering investing at least 3 billion reais ($773.49 million) to expand capacity should Chinese steel demand keep growing rapidly in the next few years, its chief executive said on Thursday.
Niobium, a rare metal in high demand from automakers, aerospace companies and other manufacturers, is used as an additive to steel to make the metal stronger and lighter.
In an interview with Reuters, CEO Eduardo Ribeiro said CBMM, as the company is known, would have to expand the capacity of its mine in southeastern Brazil beyond the 150,000 tons projected for the end of 2020, if demand for its product continues to grow at a rate of 10 percent per year by 2021.
That projected capacity would already be up from 110,000 tons today.
"We are working to see what CBMM would look like if it produced in excess of 150,000 tons," said in a telephone interview. "If we grow 10% in the coming years ... we will need more capacity."
The company, which holds almost 80% of the global niobium market, could start expanding the project starting in 2021, he said.
CBMM is 70%-controlled by Brazilian clan Moreira Salles, best known as a key shareholder of Itau Unibanco Holding SA , with Chinese, South Korean and Japanese partners owning the remaining 30%. ($1 = 3.8785 reais) (Writing by Christian Plumb; Editing by Sandra Maler)