Rising home prices and conservative borrowing have today's homeowners sitting on a record amount of potential cash. Today's mortgage holders saw their home equity increase by...Real Estateread more
Stocks have been grinding sideways, but technical analysts say once they breakout, the move to the upside could be powerful.Market Insiderread more
The fresh round of cuts is on top of an estimated 4,500 temporary layoffs GM and its suppliers handed out to employees as of Friday.Autosread more
Here are the most important things to know about Tuesday before you hit the door including earnings from Nike and likely updates on Trump's trade deals.Marketsread more
The Mac Pro is the only major Apple computer to be assembled in the United States. Most of Apple's products, including the iPhone, are assembled in China and are facing tariff...Technologyread more
Stocks were barely changed. American Express gained, but Netflix was a notable laggard.Marketsread more
Think about the last TV show you recommended to a friend, or the last one that was recommended to you. Odds are, it was from a premium service like HBO, Netflix or Amazon.Entertainmentread more
SpaceX is deep into development of its Starship rocket, with recent updates from CEO Elon Musk showing the first one under construction.Investing in Spaceread more
The new wireless earbuds, codenamed "Puget," are expected to come with an accelerometer and be able to monitor things like the distance run, calories burned, and pace of...Technologyread more
Greta Thunberg, a 16-year-old Swedish environmental activist, delivered a powerful message at the United Nations Climate Action Summit on Monday.Environmentread more
SoftBank wants to push Neumann out of the CEO role ahead of the IPO.Technologyread more
(Adds details, updates prices)
SINGAPORE, June 6 (Reuters) - Shanghai copper plunged to a two-year low on Thursday, tracking weakness in London's overnight session, due to mounting concerns about slowing global growth and weak metals demand amid rising trade tensions.
The most-traded copper contract on the Shanghai Futures Exchange fell as much as 1.3% to 45,860 yuan ($6,635.13) a tonne, its lowest since June 2017, and was down 1% at 0508 GMT.
The benchmark London copper contract was almost unchanged at $5,806.50 a tonne, struggling to break through a five-month low hit in the previous session as worries over global slowdown lingered.
"While we see some dynamics supporting a copper price recovery, short-term bearish sentiment should continue to affect copper prices," said analyst Helen Lau of Argonaut Securities.
* IMF: The International Monetary Fund on Wednesday cut its China growth forecast for 2019 to 6.2% from 6.3% and warned that tariffs could reduce 2020 global gross domestic product by 0.5%, or about $455 billion, but it does not see a recession.
* U.S.-MEXICO: U.S. President Donald Trump said on Wednesday "not enough" progress was made to curb migration from Mexico, ahead of a resumed talks between officials from the two sides aimed at averting an imposition of tariffs on Mexican goods.
* RARE EARTHS: The U.S. Department of Defence has held talks with Malawi's Mkango Resources Ltd and other rare earth miners about their supplies, part of a plan to find reserves outside of China, a department official said on Wednesday.
* PANAMA COPPER: Canada's First Quantum Minerals said it had "fully complied" with local rules in operating Cobre Panama, one of the region's largest copper mines, as Panama's president-elect said he to review the company's contract.
* LEAD SPREAD: The premium for cash lead over the three-month contract <CMPB0-3> on Wednesday jumped to $39 a tonne, its highest since January 2017, indicating tight nearby supplies, as LME inventories fell to their lowest in nearly four months. <MPBSTX-TOTAL>
* PRICES: London lead rose 0.1%, hovering around a one-month high, while zinc gained 0.7% and aluminum eased 0.1%.
* For the top stories in metals and other news, click or
Three month LME copper
Most active ShFE copper
Three month LME aluminum
Most active ShFE aluminum
Three month LME zinc
Most active ShFE zinc
Three month LME lead
Most active ShFE lead
Three month LME nickel
Most active ShFE nickel
Three month LME tin
Most active ShFE tin
ARBS ($1 = 6.9117 Chinese yuan)
(Reporting by Mai Nguyen; editing by Gopakumar Warrier and Subhranshu Sahu)