Chinese trade negotiators suddenly canceled a visit to meet U.S. farmers after they wrapped up trade talks in Washington this week.Marketsread more
President Trump also said he is "not looking for a partial deal" with Beijing, moving away from his suggestion last week that he would consider an "interim deal."Politicsread more
Progress on trade talks will determine how far market will move above new highs.Trader Talk with Bob Pisaniread more
For investors taking a breather from the chaos in August, buckle up as the market is about go crazy again, Goldman Sachs warned.Marketsread more
Palantir Technologies is targeting a valuation of at least $26 billion in a private fundraising round, the first for the Peter Thiel-backed data analytics startup in four...Wall Streetread more
Michael Pack, a conservative filmmaker linked to Steve Bannon, saw at least $1.6 million in donations from his nonprofit sent into the coffers of his independent production...Politicsread more
The New England Patriots released Antonio Brown just 11 days after signing the wide receiver. The NFL Super Bowl champions initially had kept him in the face of a rape claim,...Sportsread more
The Wall Street Journal's report came as a top Ukraine official said President Donald Trump "is looking" for Ukraine officials to investigate business dealings of Biden's son...Politicsread more
A tour bus carrying Chinese-speaking tourists crashed near a national park in southern Utah, killing at least four people and critically injuring up to 15 others, authorities...U.S. Newsread more
Gun maker Colt announced Thursday that it will halt its production of AR-15 rifles for civilian sales, but the news might not be as exciting for gun control advocates as it...Guns and Weaponsread more
As thousands of people across the world participate in the Global Climate Strike, several Democratic presidential candidates have shared how they will take aggressive action...Scienceread more
MANILA, June 10 (Reuters) - Copper prices rose in early Asian trading on Monday following eight straight weekly losses, after Washington struck a deal to avert a tariff war with Mexico, boosting sentiment on trade and helping ease concerns about a global slowdown.
Data on Monday showed that despite higher U.S. tariffs, China's exports unexpectedly returned to growth in May, but imports fell in a further sign of weak domestic demand that could prompt Beijing to step up stimulus measures.
* Three-month copper on the London Metal Exchange was up 0.4% at $5,824 a tonne by 0217 GMT. The benchmark fell 0.2% on Friday and had posted a weekly loss of 0.5%.
* The most-traded copper contract on the Shanghai Futures Exchange edged up 0.4% to 46,260 yuan ($6,671.76) a tonne, as Chinese markets reopened after a three-day weekend.
* The United States and Mexico struck a deal on Friday to avert a tariff war, with Mexico agreeing to rapidly expand a controversial asylum program and deploy security forces to stem the flow of illegal Central American migrants.
* A highly anticipated late June meeting between U.S. President Donald Trump and Chinese President Xi Jinping has some parallels with their Buenos Aires summit last December that postponed a tariff hike, U.S. Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin said on Saturday.
* Group of 20 finance leaders on Sunday said that trade and geopolitical tensions have "intensified," raising risks to improving global growth, but they stopped short of calling for a resolution of a deepening U.S.-China trade conflict.
* International Monetary Fund Managing Director Christine Lagarde on Sunday called on the Group of 20 major economies to prioritize resolving trade tensions to mitigate risks to global growth.
* China summoned global technology companies for talks last week following last month's U.S. ban on selling technology to China's Huawei Technologies Co Ltd, two people familiar with the matter told Reuters on Sunday.
* Unions at Chile's Chuquicamata copper mine expressed disappointment in state-run miner Codelco's latest contract offer on Thursday but agreed to extend negotiations in hopes of averting a strike.
* For the top stories in metals and other news, click or
* U.S. stock futures jumped on Monday after a migration deal between the United States and Mexico late last week to avert a tariff war added to a weak U.S. job data which cemented expectations of Federal Reserve rate cuts.
0400 Indonesia Inflation YY May
0830 UK GDP Est 3M/3M April
0830 UK GDP Estimate MM YY April
0830 UK Manufacturing Output MM April
China Exports YY May
China Imports YY May
China Trade Balance USD May
Three month LME copper
Most active ShFE copper
Three month LME aluminum
Most active ShFE aluminum
Three month LME zinc
Most active ShFE zinc
Three month LME lead
Most active ShFE lead
Three month LME nickel
Most active ShFE nickel
Three month LME tin
Most active ShFE tin
($1 = 6.9337 yuan)
(Reporting by Enrico dela Cruz; editing by Richard Pullin)