Democratic candidates take the stage together for the first time as they jockey for position in the race to take on President Trump in 2020.2020 Electionsread more
In a strategy to draw attention away from Wednesday's Democratic debate, President Donald Trump's reelection campaign bought out YouTube's "masthead," the leading...2020 Electionsread more
Virginia Sen. Mark Warner breaks down the idea behind a bipartisan bill he introduced to provide more transparency in Big Tech.Technologyread more
Tesla is working on new battery cell designs, and a way to make their own cells, with R&D teams in a lab near its car plant in Fremont, California.Technologyread more
These attacks have given the public the opportunity to examine the problems associated with ransomware, where corporations -- not obligated to disclose these attacks -- have...Technologyread more
"As a private company we don't have the tools to make the Russian government stop," Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg said at the Aspen Ideas Conference on Wednesday. "We can...Technologyread more
Something unusual is happening in financial markets, and it could mean more gains lie ahead for stocks, if history is any indication.Marketsread more
Underneath the impressive market rally is a trend that doesn't seem quite right, according to J.P. Morgan.Marketsread more
Venezuelan President Nicolas Maduro said security forces had foiled an opposition coup attempt that included plans to assassinate him and other top political figures.World Politicsread more
Credit Suisse initiated coverage of Tesla Wednesday with an "underperform" rating and a price target 15% below where the stock closed.Marketsread more
Wi-Fi 6 will be the next-generation wireless standard. Along with 5G, it will represent the next big shift in connectivity and data, said Irving Tan, senior vice president and...Shaping the futureread more
June 12 (Reuters) - Gold prices steadied on Wednesday after touching a one-week low in the previous session, buoyed by concerns around U.S.-China trade relations amid expectations of an interest rate cut by the U.S. Federal Reserve.
* Spot gold was flat at $1,326.90 as of 0115 GMT, after falling to its lowest since June 3 at $1,319.35 in the previous session.
* U.S. gold futures were also steady at $1,330.70 an ounce.
* U.S. President Donald Trump on Tuesday defended the use of tariffs as part of his trade strategy, while China vowed a tough response if the United States insists on escalating trade tension amid ongoing negotiations.
* Trump said that he was holding up a trade deal with China and had no interest in moving ahead unless Beijing agrees again to four or five "major points," which he did not specify.
* He also took an aim at the U.S. Federal Reserve, saying interest rates were "way too high" and the central bank had "no clue".
* Fed policymakers will meet on June 18-19 against the backdrop of rising trade tensions, slowing U.S. growth and a sharp step-down in hiring in May that have led markets to price in at least two rate cuts by the end of 2019.
* Asian share markets got off to a cautious start on Wednesday as the White House took a tough line on a trade deal with China, just as investors were bracing for the latest batch of economic data from the Asian giant.
* A drop in two-year treasury prices flattened the yield curve on Tuesday after a Labor Department report showed producer prices increased in May for the second consecutive month, pointing to a steady pick-up in underlying inflation pressures.
* Holdings of SPDR Gold Trust, the world's largest gold-backed exchange-traded fund, fell 0.03% to 756.18 tonnes on Tuesday from 756.42 tonnes on Monday.
DATA AHEAD (GMT)
* 1230 U.S. Core CPI YY, NSA May
* 1230 U.S. CPI MM, SA May
* 1230 U.S. CPI YY, NSA May (Reporting by Brijesh Patel in Bengaluru; editing by Uttaresh.V)