Drone strikes attacked an oil processing facility at Abqaiq and the nearby Khurais oil field on Saturday.Marketsread more
Trump said oil would be released if needed to keep the market well supplied and he would expedite the approval of pipelines in Texas and other states.Marketsread more
Saudi Aramco is aiming to restore by Monday about a third of its crude output that was disrupted after drone attacks on two key oil facilities, The Wall Street Journal...Marketsread more
Apple's new iPhones can still send texts, download apps, and make video calls, but the company spends a lot of time and effort marketing its new phones as powerful photography...Technologyread more
The trucking industry is worth hundreds of billions of dollars per year. Uber is going after this market with Uber Freight, an online platform that matches truckers with...Technologyread more
Some U.S. manufacturers say tariffs, if targeted, will help address longstanding unfair trade practices like intellectual property theft.Traderead more
Supporters of a $15 minimum wage ballot initiative in Florida argue the state's inflation-tied pay hikes have not gone far enough.2020 Electionsread more
Saudi Arabia shut down half its oil production Saturday after drone strikes hit the world's largest oil processing facility in an attack claimed by Yemen's Houthi rebels.Politicsread more
Trusii's hydrogen water machines were supposed to help users with their health problems, but customers claim the company is involved in a giant scam.Technologyread more
The decoupling of the world's two weightiest economies seems as inescapable as its extent and global impact remains incalculable.Politicsread more
BlackBerry has reinvented itself to become a leader in securing mobile communications and in embedded communications. Next year it plans to roll out new products. CEO John...Evolveread more
(Adds details on Indonesia, updates prices)
SINGAPORE, June 14 (Reuters) - Nickel prices jumped to two-week highs on Friday on concerns that supply of the metal from major producer Indonesia would be disrupted as flooding has impacted some mines there.
A widespread flooding in Indonesia's nickel hub of Sulawesi has sparked concerns of disruption in nickel supply from Indonesia, a major producer and exporter of nickel and the main source of supply for China's stainless steel industry.
Benchmark nickel on the London Metal Exchange (LME) rose as much as 1.9% to a two-week high of $12,065 a tonne but eased later in the session to $11,945 at 0733 GMT.
Shanghai nickel climbed 3% to its highest since May 28 at 101,360 yuan ($14,641.69) a tonne and also retreated to end up 1.7% at close.
"It's short position squeeze in Shanghai for July nickel contract," said a nickel analyst based in China.
Nickel stocks in warehouses tracked by the Shanghai Futures Exchange NI-STX-SGH> on Friday jumped 52.6% from two weeks earlier to 5,835 tonnes, and zinc stocks <ZN-STX-SGH> surged 31.7% in the same period to 19,241 tonnes, exchange data showed.
Meanwhile, most other base metals fell after China released data showing its industrial output growth slowed to a more than 17-year low of 5% in May, well below expectations, while fixed-asset investment also grew less than expected in Jan-May.
* COPPER: Benchmark copper fell 0.2% after a sharp jump in inventory in LME warehouses, but prices were cushioned by supply concerns in Chile and Zambia. The most active Shanghai copper contract ended down 0.1% to 46,340 yuan a tonne.
* COPPER STOCKPILES: Copper inventories at warehouses tracked by the LME as of Wednesday jumped 18% from the previous session to 248,550 tonnes, the highest since September 2018, latest data showed. <MCUSTX-TOTAL>
* CODELCO: Unionised workers at Codelco's Chuquicamata copper mine, one of the world's largest, said they would walk off their job beginning Friday after the firm's proposed deal did not meet the workers' key requests.
* VEDANTA: Zambia will fine and break ties with mining firms that fail to operate according to the southern African country's laws, President Edgar Lungu said on Thursday, escalating a dispute with India-listed Vedanta.
* CHINA ALUMINIUM: China's aluminum production rose by 2.4 percent in May from a year earlier, official data showed on Friday, as smelters that restarted due to higher prices for the light metal continued to ramp up output.
* For the top stories in metals and other news, click or
Three month LME copper
Most active ShFE copper
Three month LME aluminum
Most active ShFE aluminum
Three month LME zinc
Most active ShFE zinc
Three month LME lead
Most active ShFE lead
Three month LME nickel
Most active ShFE nickel
Three month LME tin
Most active ShFE tin
ARBS ($1 = 6.9227 Chinese yuan renminbi)
(Reporting by Mai Nguyen; Editing by Subhranshu Sahu and Rashmi Aich)