Boeing will take a nearly $5 billion charge in the second quarter to compensate 737 Max customers as the planes remain grounded.Airlinesread more
Earlier, Williams delivered a speech at the annual meeting of the Central Bank Research Association in which he said, "It's better to take preventative measures than to wait...The Fedread more
Stocks in Asia Pacific advanced in Friday afternoon trade, as comments from a U.S. Federal Reserve official led to rising expectations the central bank could ease monetary...Asia Marketsread more
The base version of the sports car will punch out 495 horsepower, 40 more than the seventh-generation car and enough to launch it from 0 to 60 in "less than three seconds"...Autosread more
Animation fans and Kyoto residents gathered at the site of Japan's worst mass killing in 18 years on Friday, offering flowers and prayers for the 33 people who died in an...Asia Newsread more
Trump said the USS Boxer destroyed Iran's drone in the Strait of Hormuz on Thursday in a "defensive action."Politicsread more
Microsoft beat on top and bottom lines, and guidance was just ahead of expectations, but the company's Azure growth is slowing down.Technologyread more
"We've seen Netflix stumble before, especially maybe after a price hike, but not quite like this," Jim Cramer says.Mad Money with Jim Cramerread more
They also voted to absolve themselves, their party and the voters who elected them – like the ones Trump inspired to chant "send her back" at a rally Wednesday in North...Politicsread more
The computing center launched by BMW and Tencent will start operations by the end of the year. It will provide cars with data-crunching capabilities to help them drive...Technologyread more
See which stocks are posting big moves after the bell on July 18.Market Insiderread more
SINGAPORE, June 25 (Reuters) - Copper prices rose on Tuesday, amid worries over supply, after thousands of workers of Chile's Codelco rejected the company's offer during the weekend and extended the strike at a major mine.
Workers at Chuquicamata, one of the world's biggest copper mines, have been on strike since mid-June to demand better healthcare and retirement benefits, hurting output of state-run Codelco, the world's top copper producer.
"Supply side issues overweighed concerns about the economic backdrop. Copper prices remained supported by the ongoing strike at Codelco's Chuquicamata copper mine," said ANZ in a note.
Three-month copper on the London Metal Exchange rose 0.4% to $5,981.50 a tonne by 0225 GMT, while the most-traded copper contract on the Shanghai Futures Exchange advanced 0.4% to 47,000 yuan ($6,837.16) a tonne.
* TRADE TALKS: Senior Chinese and U.S. trade officials spoke by telephone on Monday ahead of talks between Chinese President Xi Jinping and U.S. President Donald Trump set for late June, China's Ministry of Commerce said in a statement on Tuesday.
* TRUMP VIEW ON TALKS: Trump views this week's meeting with Xi as a chance to see where Beijing stands on the two countries' trade war, and is "comfortable with any outcome" from the talks, a senior U.S. official said on Monday.
* TESLA/JAPAN ALUMINIUM: The U.S. Commerce Department has agreed to Tesla Inc's request to waive 10% tariffs on imported aluminum from Japan used in the manufacture of battery cells at Tesla's Nevada Gigafactory.
* PRICES: Benchmark aluminum rose 0.3%, nickel increased 0.5%, zinc edged up 0.2%. In Shanghai, aluminum advanced 0.4%, nickel was up 0.9% while zinc jumped 1.8% and lead rose 1.2%.
* For the top stories in metals and other news, click or
* Asian stocks were left adrift as expectations of more dovish talk from the Federal Reserve pushed down Treasury yields and the dollar, while lifting gold to six-year peaks.
1200 Brazil IPCA-15 Mid-Month CPI June
1400 US Consumer Confidence June
1400 US New Home Sales-Units May
Three month LME copper
Most active ShFE copper
Three month LME aluminum
Most active ShFE aluminum
Three month LME zinc
Most active ShFE zinc
Three month LME lead
Most active ShFE lead
Three month LME nickel
Most active ShFE nickel
Three month LME tin
Most active ShFE tin
ARBS ($1 = 6.8742 Chinese yuan)
(Reporting by Mai Nguyen; editing by Uttaresh.V)