Amazon workers in Minnesota and Germany are striking as Prime Day kicks off, in a stand against working conditions and wage practices. The action in Minnesota represents the...Retailread more
Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin is raising red flags ahead of Facebook's proposed cryptocurrency launch.Marketsread more
Epstein is accused of sexually exploiting dozens of underage girls from 2002 through 2005 at his New York and Florida residences. He is a former friend of Presidents Donald...Politicsread more
When you think of Prime Day, you might be thinking about deals on Instant Pots and Amazon Echo devices — not half-off dresses and designer heels. But the market for apparel...Retailread more
Some White House officials expect the Cabinet secretary, who has known the president for years, to depart as soon as this summer.Politicsread more
David Marcus, the head of Facebook's digital currency project, said the company expects Libra will drive more advertising revenue for the company.Technologyread more
Boeing met with aircraft leasing firms and financiers in New York as the grounding of its popular 737 Max planes drags on with no clear timeline for getting the planes back in...Aerospace & Defenseread more
Both companies report earnings on Aug. 8, so the CBS and Viacom boards have set that as a natural deadline to agree to a merger. Price won't be discussed by the companies...Technologyread more
The Food and Drug Administration "stands ready" to start reviewing e-cigarettes amid a teen vaping "epidemic," acting Commissioner Ned Sharpless said Monday in a statement.Health and Scienceread more
US oil companies on Monday began restoring some of the more than nearly 74% production shut at U.S. Gulf of Mexico platforms ahead of Hurricane Barry, the US offshore drilling...Energyread more
SINGAPORE, July 1 (Reuters) - Chicago soybean futures rose for a second session on Monday to a one-year high as a thaw in U.S.-China trade relations following talks between the two nations underpinned the market. Corn ticked higher after Friday's deep losses, while wheat lost ground.
* The most-active soybean contract on the Chicago Board of Trade rose 0.7% to $9.29 a bushel by 0121 GMT after marking it highest since June 2018 at $9.34 a bushel.
* Corn added 0.1% to $4.25 a bushel, while wheat was down 0.4% at $5.25 a bushel.
* The United States and China agreed on Saturday to restart trade talks after President Donald Trump offered concessions including no new tariffs and an easing of restrictions on tech company Huawei in order to reduce tensions with Beijing.
* The corn market faced pressure on Friday after the U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) pegged U.S. planted acres well above trade expectations despite rains and flooding this spring that disrupted sowing.
* In its annual acreage report on Friday, the USDA said U.S. farmers seeded 91.7 million acres of corn and 80.0 million acres of soybeans. This compares with the government's March forecasts of 92.8 million corn acres and 84.6 million soybean acres.
* Stocks rallied and bonds retreated in Asia on Monday as a thaw in the Sino-U.S. trade dispute tempered risks to the global economy, leading investors to pare wagers on aggressive policy easing by the major central banks.
0030 Japan Nikkei Mfg PMI June0030 Indonesia Nikkei PMI June0145 China Caixin Mfg PMI Final June0400 Indonesia Inflation YY June0500 India Nikkei Markit Mfg PMI June0600 Russia Markit Mfg PMI June0750 France Markit Mfg PMI June0755 Germany Markit/BME Mfg PMI June0755 Germany Unemployment Chg SA June0755 Germany Unemployment Rate SA June0800 Euro Zone Markit Mfg Final PMI June0830 UK Markit/CIPS Mfg PMI June0900 Euro Zone Unemployment Rate May1300 Brazil Markit Mfg PMI June1345 US Markit Mfg PMI Final June1400 US ISM Manufacturing PMI June
Grains prices at 0121 GMT
Contract Last Change Pct chg Two-day chg MA 30 RSICBOT wheat 525.00 -2.25 -0.43% -3.98% 518.07 50CBOT corn 425.00 0.25 +0.06% -3.41% 426.78 33CBOT soy 929.00 6.00 +0.65% +4.65% 877.84 62CBOT rice 11.64 $0.06 +0.56% +1.26% $11.82 49WTI crude 59.59 $1.12 +1.92% +0.27% $56.19
Euro/dlr $1.135 -$0.002 -0.13% -0.13%USD/AUD 0.7008 -0.001 -0.17% +0.00%
Most active contracts Wheat, corn and soy US cents/bushel. Rice: USD per hundredweight RSI 14, exponential
(Reporting by Naveen Thukral; editing by Uttaresh.V)