CNBC will be participating in the NBCUniversal Booth and NBC University at the NLGJA 2019 National Convention in New Orleans, LA.
What is NBC University?
NBC University 2019 is a selective program taking place on August 29 that will take admitted applicants on a journey – from story concept to creation. NBC will be sharing tips on how to successfully pitch your ideas to news executives and produce stories with impact.
During the workshop, attendees will be challenged to pitch ideas, write and produce a script on deadline, as well as present a production and social plan for your reports.
What should I expect?
- Timed writing and reporting exercises
- Conversations with NBC professionals to identify the most effective tools to improve storytelling
Who will be there from CNBC?
Kevin Flynn is an Executive Producer at CNBC. He currently produces "Fast Money". Kevin joined CNBC in 2010. He has been instrumental in producing several key events for the network, including CNBC's 2011 & 2015 Republican Presidential Debates, CNBC's Stock Draft, and numerous primetime specials. Kevin also serves as co-lead of CNBC's OUT@NBCUniversal chapter. Prior to joining CNBC, Kevin worked on the digital team at NBC News.
Flynn holds a bachelor's of arts degree from New York University.
Who should apply?
NBC University is ideal for attendees who are:
- Producers with at least three years of experience hoping to move up the ranks and learn new skills
- On-air talent looking to move into a new market
- Veteran journalists interested in new media