The company's S-1 lays the groundwork for what is widely expected to be one of the largest initial public offerings of the year, second only to Uber's IPO in May. It's also...Technologyread more
Fraud investigator Harry Markopolos' accusations extended beyond GE's management to actuaries, auditors and analysts who he claims overlooked billions in liabilities.Marketsread more
Trump's tweet comes a day after Apple put out a press release describing the money it spends on U.S.-based suppliers and vendors.Technologyread more
CNBC combed through Wall Street research to see which stocks are still a buy after their earnings reports.Marketsread more
President Donald Trump held a call on Wednesday with the CEOs of three major U.S. banks, according to people with knowledge of the situation.Marketsread more
Despite aggressive strides, Waymo needs one thing before their self-driving cars become a seriously useful transportation system: people. We talked to the ones closest to it.Technologyread more
Scientists say the smoke plumes, filled with megatons of tiny, harmful particles, could travel to other areas of the world and cause serious respiratory problems for people.Weather & Natural Disastersread more
Some Weight Watchers loyalists applaud Kurbo by WW. But nutritionists worry Kurbo promotes an unhealthy relationship with food during an especially impressionable time.Health and Scienceread more
Benefits from what President Trump called "the biggest reform of all time" to the tax code have dwindled to a faint breeze just 20 months after its enactment, writes John...Politicsread more
Epstein, 66, was found in his cell in Manhattan federal lockup Saturday morning and transferred to a nearby hospital, where he was subsequently pronounced dead.Politicsread more
Air travelers faced delays at U.S. airports on Friday afternoon after a computer issue snarled processing of international arrivals.Airlinesread more
SINGAPORE, Aug 13 (Reuters) - Shanghai aluminum rose to its highest in more than two months on Tuesday, as a typhoon in China affected the world's top aluminum producer, raising concerns about supply disruptions.
Facilities belonging to China Hongqiao Group were damaged by flooding after Typhoon Lekima wreaked havoc in the smelting heartland of Shandong, according to a statement from an affiliate firm.
The most active aluminum contract on the Shanghai Futures Exchange hit 14,285 yuan ($2,024.20) a tonne, its highest since May 29. Three-month aluminum on the London Metal Exchange (LME) rose 0.2% by 0159 GMT.
* PRICES: LME copper rose 0.2%, nickel edged up 0.1%, zinc advanced 0.1%, while lead eased 0.5%. Shanghai copper fell 0.1%, nickel increased 0.2%, zinc rose 1.2%, while lead fell 1%.
* INDONESIA: Indonesia aims to speed up enforcement of a ban on mineral ore exports that is currently due to come into force in 2020, news website Detik.com quoted coordinating minister for maritime affairs Luhut Pandjaitan as saying on Monday.
* NYRSTAR: Belgium's Nyrstar said on Monday it had shut down its zinc-lead smelter furnace in Port Pirie, Australia, after an incident, the second disruption at the plant this year.
* CHINA LOANS: China's banks extended surprisingly fewer new yuan loans in July, while growth of money supply and total social financing also slowed, raising pressure on the central bank to ease policy further to support the slowing economy.
* LME TRADING TIME: The LME will extend its final open-outcry trading sessions for all metals starting Sept. 23 after volumes jumped during a trial, it said on Monday.
* For the top stories in metals and other news, click or
* Asian shares fell as fears about a drawn out Sino-U.S. trade war, protests in Hong Kong and a crash in Argentina's peso currency drove investors to safe harbors like bonds, gold, and the yen.
0600 Germany HICP Final YY July
0830 UK Claimant Count Unem Change July
0830 UK ILO Umemployment Rate June
0900 Germany Zew Economic Sentiment August
0900 Germany Zew Current Conditions August
1230 US CPI MM, SA July
Three month LME copper
Most active ShFE copper
Three month LME aluminum
Most active ShFE aluminum
Three month LME zinc
Most active ShFE zinc
Three month LME lead
Most active ShFE lead
Three month LME nickel
Most active ShFE nickel
Three month LME tin
Most active ShFE tin
ARBS ($1 = 7.0571 Chinese yuan renminbi) (Reporting by Mai Nguyen; editing by Richard Pullin)