Fed Chairman Jerome Powell faces the tough challenge of presenting a unified voice on Fed policy from the most divided Fed in years.Market Insiderread more
Boris Johnson will be meeting President Donald Trump to discuss a potential post-Brexit trade deal just as he tries to court EU leaders for a new withdrawal agreement.World Politicsread more
U.S. Secretary of State Mike Pompeo says Huawei CFO Meng Wanzhou, who is under house arrest in Canada and facing extradition to America, is not a bargaining chip in the trade...Technologyread more
Arturo Estrella has a message for recession naysayers: It could hit sooner than you think.Marketsread more
Accountants in Hong Kong took to the streets on Friday to call for the government to accept five demands of the people, including the complete withdrawal of a now-suspended...China Politicsread more
Recent trade friction between the two Asian powerhouses has morphed into a dispute with political implications that go far beyond the region.Asia Politicsread more
Local governments commonly share single service providers, making many vulnerable at once. On top of this, ransomware has often been used to mask more targeted, malicious...Technologyread more
The unlikely alliance would in theory enjoy a relatively comfortable majority in the parliament's lower house but would rely on a handful of sympathetic but unaligned...Europe Politicsread more
Bank Indonesia on Thursday cut its key policy rate by 25 basis points to 5.5% to support growth amid an increasingly fragile global economy.Central Banksread more
Meanwhile, investors look ahead to Fed Chair Jerome Powell's speech at a yearly central banking symposium in Jackson Hole, Wyoming.Asia Marketsread more
The U.S Energy Information Administration (EIA) says Australia is on track to consistently export more LNG than Qatar.Oil and Gasread more
(Adds quotes, chart; updates prices)
SINGAPORE, Aug 13 (Reuters) - Shanghai aluminum rallied to its highest in more than two months on Tuesday, as a typhoon in China hit the world's top aluminum producer and raised concerns about supply disruptions.
Facilities belonging to China Hongqiao Group, the world's top aluminum producer, were damaged by flooding after Typhoon Lekima wreaked havoc in the smelting heartland of Shandong, according to a statement from an affiliate firm.
The most active aluminum contract on the Shanghai Futures Exchange hit 14,285 yuan ($2,022.43) a tonne, its highest since May 29. Three-month aluminum on the London Metal Exchange (LME) rose 0.3% by 0356 GMT.
"According to the price, it looks like there's some impact in Shandong, but we haven't got any confirmative information about how much production loss could be or if there's any essential impact," said CRU analyst Jackie Wang.
"Chinese aluminum deficit is very small. Demand growth has definitely been downgraded mainly due to the auto industry," Wang said, adding that the deficit might close and even become a surplus for the rest of the year if consumption remains weak.
* PRICES: LME nickel edged up 0.1%, while lead fell 0.7%. Shanghai copper decreased 0.2%, nickel increased 0.7%, zinc rose 1%, while lead fell 1%.
* INDONESIA: Indonesia aims to speed up enforcement of a ban on mineral ore exports that is currently due to come into force in 2020, news website Detik.com quoted coordinating minister for maritime affairs Luhut Pandjaitan as saying on Monday.
* NYRSTAR: Belgium's Nyrstar said on Monday it had shut down its zinc-lead smelter furnace in Port Pirie, Australia, after an incident, the second disruption at the plant this year.
* CHINA LOANS: China's banks extended surprisingly fewer new yuan loans in July, while growth of money supply and total social financing also slowed, raising pressure on the central bank to ease policy further to support the slowing economy.
* LME TRADING TIME: The LME will extend its final open-outcry trading sessions for all metals starting Sept. 23 after volumes jumped during a trial, it said on Monday.
* For the top stories in metals and other news, click or
Three month LME copper
Most active ShFE copper
Three month LME aluminum
Most active ShFE aluminum
Three month LME zinc
Most active ShFE zinc
Three month LME lead
Most active ShFE lead
Three month LME nickel
Most active ShFE nickel
Three month LME tin
Most active ShFE tin
ARBS ($1 = 7.0633 Chinese yuan renminbi)
(Reporting by Mai Nguyen; editing by Richard Pullin and Rashmi Aich)