Drone strikes attacked an oil processing facility at Abqaiq and the nearby Khurais oil field on Saturday.Marketsread more
The trucking industry is worth hundreds of billions of dollars per year. Uber is going after this market with Uber Freight, an online platform that matches truckers with...Technologyread more
Trump said oil would be released if needed to keep the market well supplied and he would expedite the approval of pipelines in Texas and other states.Marketsread more
Saudi Aramco is aiming to restore by Monday about a third of its crude output that was disrupted after drone attacks on two key oil facilities, The Wall Street Journal...Marketsread more
Apple's new iPhones can still send texts, download apps, and make video calls, but the company spends a lot of time and effort marketing its new phones as powerful photography...Technologyread more
Some U.S. manufacturers say tariffs, if targeted, will help address longstanding unfair trade practices like intellectual property theft.Traderead more
Supporters of a $15 minimum wage ballot initiative in Florida argue the state's inflation-tied pay hikes have not gone far enough.2020 Electionsread more
Saudi Arabia shut down half its oil production Saturday after drone strikes hit the world's largest oil processing facility in an attack claimed by Yemen's Houthi rebels.Politicsread more
Trusii's hydrogen water machines were supposed to help users with their health problems, but customers claim the company is involved in a giant scam.Technologyread more
The decoupling of the world's two weightiest economies seems as inescapable as its extent and global impact remains incalculable.Politicsread more
BlackBerry has reinvented itself to become a leader in securing mobile communications and in embedded communications. Next year it plans to roll out new products. CEO John...Evolveread more
(Updates prices, adds quotes)
SINGAPORE, Sept 5 (Reuters) - Shanghai copper jumped to a more than one-month high, while London copper hit its highest in over two weeks on Thursday after China and the United States agreed to hold trade talks.
Chinese and U.S. trade teams will talk in mid-September before high-level talks next month, China's commerce ministry said, adding that both sides agreed to take actual actions to create favorable conditions.
The prolonged trade war has been weighing on demand outlook for copper, used widely in power and construction.
Three-month copper on the London Metal Exchange advanced as much as 1% to $5,802.50 a tonne, its highest since Aug. 19, before easing to trade up 0.7% at 0351 GMT.
The most-traded copper contract on the Shanghai Futures Exchange rose as much as 2.4% to 47,280 yuan ($6,665.91) a tonne, its highest since July 30.
But gains could be short-lived. U.S.-China trade talks in the past have turned directions quickly, while demand growth from top copper consumer China is seen slowing this year.
"This will happen again and again," said a copper analyst.
* COPPER STOCKS: LME on-warrant copper inventories <MCUSTX-TOTAL>, or those available for delivery, fell to a two-month low of 209,650 tonnes.
* NICKEL SPREAD: The premium of LME nickel cash over the three month contract <MNI0-3> fell further to a three-week low of $15 a tonne, indicating a supply crunch has eased.
* NICKEL PRICES: LME nickel declined 0.9% while Shanghai nickel broke a five-session gaining streak to fall 2%.
* CHINA: China said it will implement both broad and targeted cuts in the reserve requirement ratio for banks "in a timely manner," an indication that a cut in the key ratio aimed at boosting lending could be imminent.
* COPPER: Mantos Copper said on Wednesday that it had clinched $250 million in financing to extend the life of its Mantos Blancos copper mine in northern Chile.
* OTHER PRICES: LME aluminum edged down 0.3% and zinc fell 0.3%, while lead was almost unchanged. Shanghai zinc rose 2.2%, tin advanced 2%, while lead and aluminum were nearly flat.
* For the top stories in metals and other news, click or
Three month LME copper
Most active ShFE copper
Three month LME aluminum
Most active ShFE aluminum
Three month LME zinc
Most active ShFE zinc
Three month LME lead
Most active ShFE lead
Three month LME nickel
Most active ShFE nickel
Three month LME tin
Most active ShFE tin
ARBS ($1 = 7.0928 Chinese yuan renminbi) (Reporting by Mai Nguyen; editing by Uttaresh.V and Sriraj Kalluvila)