President Trump was taken aback when Treasury chief Steven Mnuchin said the U.S. asked China's trade delegation to reschedule a farm tour.Politicsread more
As China marks the 70th anniversary of its founding on Oct. 1, CNBC takes a look at the rise of the Asian giant through the years — and projections of where it's headed.China Economyread more
The tax cut came as Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi's government attempts to spur the country's slowing economy.Asia Economyread more
Lawmakers in Congress on Monday pressed for full disclosure of a whistleblower's complaint about President Donald Trump as Democratic calls for impeachment intensified over...Politicsread more
Stocks have been grinding sideways, but technical analysts say once they breakout, the move to the upside could be powerful.Market Insiderread more
The brewer also issued an additional 189,354,000 shares. Budweiser APAC's IPO is now expected to raise about US$5 billion.China Marketsread more
Rising home prices and conservative borrowing have today's homeowners sitting on a record amount of potential cash. Today's mortgage holders saw their home equity increase by...Real Estateread more
Shareholders are accusing Tesla of improperly valuing the SolarCity deal, providing flawed analysis and misleading investors.Technologyread more
The FAA says each country's regulator will decide when the Boeing 737 Max can return to the skies as the grounding of Boeing's best seller, edges toward its eighth month.Airlinesread more
U.S. Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin said Monday that the two country's negotiators had made some progress in easing their trade tensions in last week's deputy-level...World Politicsread more
Stocks were barely changed. American Express gained, but Netflix was a notable laggard.Marketsread more
BEIJING, Sept 10 (Reuters) - Shanghai nickel rose sharply in early trade on Tuesday as fears of a supply shortage persisted after top miner Indonesia expedited a ban on nickel ore exports, while market participants awaited clues from a key conference on the metal in Jakarta. Traders of the metal used to make stainless steel and electric vehicle batteries have started arriving in Indonesia, which will ban nickel ore exports from January 2020, for the Asian Nickel conference on Wednesday and Thursday.
* NICKEL: The most-traded November nickel contract on the Shanghai Futures Exchange rose as much as 3.4% overnight and was up 2.6% at 143,940 yuan ($20,221.97) a tonne as of 0225 GMT. Three-month London nickel climbed for a third session, rising 0.4% to $18,120 a tonne after closing up 2.1% on Monday.
* COPPER: LME copper gained 0.3% to $5,832 a tonne after two days of modest declines despite weak economic data from top consumer China, while ShFE copper was flat at 47,410 yuan a tonne.
* CHINA: Factory gate prices contracted for a second month in August and at a sharper rate. The producer price index (PPI), a key barometer of corporate profitability, dropped 0.8% from year earlier, the National Bureau of Statistics said, the worst year-on-year contraction since August 2016.
* LEAD: Henan Yuguang Gold and Lead, China's top lead producer, has cut refined lead production by 30% since Sept. 5 to carry out maintenance on one of its smelting lines, according to a company official.
* LEAD SPREAD: The premium of cash LME lead over the three-month contract <CMPB0-3> stood at $13.50 a tonne on Monday, versus a discount of $9.50 at the start of the month, indicating tightening supply.
* COLUMN: Copper last week hit a year-to-date low of $5,518 per tonne in the London market as the macroeconomic picture becomes ever gloomier.
* For the top stories in metals and other news, click or
* Bond prices edged lower on Tuesday after German bund yields hit a one-month high following a report by Reuters that Germany is considering a "shadow budget" to allow the government to circumvent its strict national debt rules.
DATA AHEAD (GMT)
0830 UK Claimant Count Unem Chng Aug0830 UK ILO Unemployment Rate July
BASE METALS PRICES 0225 GMTThree month LME copper 5832Most active ShFE copper 47410Three month LME aluminum 1799Most active ShFE aluminum 14355Three month LME zinc 2313Most active ShFE zinc 18985Three month LME lead 2095Most active ShFE lead 17460Three month LME nickel 18120Most active ShFE nickel 143920Three month LME tin 17235Most active ShFE tin 139840
BASE METALS ARBITRAGE
LME/SHFE COPPER LMESHFCUc3 537.24LME/SHFE ALUMINIUM LMESHFALc3 -126.51LME/SHFE ZINC LMESHFZNc3 187.22LME/SHFE LEAD LMESHFPBc3 -181.11LME/SHFE NICKEL LMESHFNIc3 -4624.25
($1 = 7.1180 Chinese yuan)
(Reporting by Tom Daly; Editing by Subhranshu Sahu)