SINGAPORE, Nov 29 (Reuters) - London copper prices edged higher on Friday after shedding almost 1% in the last session, although the upside was limited by concerns over deteriorating relations between the United States and China.
* Three-month copper on the London Metal Exchange added 0.1% to $5,898 a tonne by 0117 GMT, while the most-traded copper contract on the Shanghai Futures Exchange lost 0.2% to 47,290 yuan ($6,718.38) a tonne.
* Tensions between Washington and Beijing over Hong Kong have raised doubts over an early resolution to a trade dispute between the world's two largest economies.
* China warned the United States on Thursday that it would take "firm counter measures" in response to U.S. legislation backing anti-government protesters in Hong Kong, and said attempts to interfere in the Chinese-ruled city were doomed to fail.
* The U.S. legislation requires the State Department to certify that Hong Kong retains enough autonomy to justify favorable U.S. trading terms that have helped it to maintain its position as a world financial center.
* Metal prices have come under pressure since the tariff dispute started last year because China is the world's largest consumer of industrial metals.
* Markets are awaiting surveys of purchasing managers in China's manufacturing sector for clues to future demand. The data due next week is expected to show activity shrank for a seventh consecutive month in November.
* For the top stories in metals and other news, click or
* Global shares ticked up, but hesitated to test an all-time peak as investors worried a new U.S. law backing Hong Kong protests could derail Washington and Beijing's efforts to end their trade war.
0700 UK Nationwide House Price MM YY Nov0745 France GDP QQ Final Q30745 France CPI (EU Norm) Prelim YY Nov0855 Germany Unemployment Chg, Rate SA Nov1000 EU HICP Flash YY Nov1000 EU HICP-X F&E Flash YY Nov1000 EU Unemployment Rate Oct1200 India GDP Quarterly YY Q2
Three month LME copper
Most active ShFE copper
Three month LME aluminum
Most active ShFE aluminum
Three month LME zinc
Most active ShFE zinc
Three month LME lead
Most active ShFE lead
Three month LME nickel
Most active ShFE nickel
Three month LME tin
Most active ShFE tin
ARBS ($1 = 7.0389 Chinese yuan) (Reporting by Naveen Thukral; Editing by Subhranshu Sahu)