President-elect Joe Biden and Vice President-elect Kamala Harris are now looking beyond the election to the transition.
They have launched a website listing the key priorities that the incoming administration will try to address — the coronavirus pandemic, the economic recovery, racial equity and climate change.
Biden will unveil a team of scientists and experts on Monday who will advise his incoming administration on their response to the pandemic.
President Donald Trump has so far refused to concede the election and vowed legal battles. However, former President George W. Bush, the last Republican to occupy the White House before Trump, has sought to reassure Americans that the country held a free and fair election in which Biden won.
Here's what you need to know:
- Biden transition team: No going back
- The day after: Biden goes to church, Trump goes to golf course
- Dubya congratulates Biden and Harris: 'Election was fair'
- Moderate and progressive Dems fight over House losses
- Trump friend Christie tells 45: 'We can't back you blindly'
- Races in GA, AZ, NC, AK still haven't been called