An online education company that partners with universities to build, fund, administer and market web-based programs
The traditional on-campus degree program model
- Makes an upfront investment of more than $10 million in each of our partner programs.
- Offers student support services from enrollment through graduation.
- Instructional designers work directly with faculty to translate classroom courses online.
- One of the most-funded education start-ups, with $112 million in venture capital investment.
- Total program tuition for new students has grown from $58 million in 2010 to more than $231 million (estimated) for 2013.
- Launched first-of-its-kind online law program for international students with Washington University School of Law.
- Runs the Semester Online program, offering for-credit undergraduate courses online through a consortium of universities and colleges.
Headquarters: Landover, Md.
CEO: Chip Paucek
Year Founded: 2008
Number of Employees: 534
Funding: $122 million
Key Investors: Redpoint Ventures, Highland Capital Partners, Novak Biddle Venture Partners, Bessemer Venture Partners, City Light Capital, The Hillman Company, Triumph Capital, GSV Capital and SVB Capital Partners
Clients: University of Southern California (USC), Georgetown University, the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill (UNC), Washington University in St. Louis, George Washington University, American University, Boston College, Brandeis University, Emory University, Northwestern University, University of Notre Dame and Simmons College