It's easy to get your cracked iPhone screen fixed, just make sure you take it to the right place.
While it might be tempting to take it to the cheapest repair spot, you should always take an iPhone with a broken screen to Apple or one of its authorized partners to get it repaired, otherwise you risk voiding your warranty. Worse, the phone might stop working altogether.
We'll walk you through the proper iPhone screen repair process now.
Here's how to schedule a repair:
- Go to Apple's iPhone screen repair website.
- Click "iPhone screen repair information."
Apple will show you the costs you can expect to pay. You'll pay $29 for an iPhone 6 or newer screen replacement if you have AppleCare+, but up to $279 if you don't.
- Click "start a repair request"
Apple gives you two options: you can send your iPhone in (this takes up to 5 days) or you can bring it in for repair. Since the latter is typically quicker, we'll choose "bring in for repair" for this story.
- Sign in with your Apple ID.
- Input your zip code and select your wireless carrier.
Now you'll see a map with every location that you can opt to bring your iPhone to for repairs. All of these locations are approved and covered by Apple.If there's a same-day repair option, you'll see it when you click on the store name.
- Select a store for your same-day repair and an available appointment time.
Pro tip: Before you go to the store, make sure you've backed up your iPhone just to be safe. Here's how to do that:
- Connect your iPhone is on WiFi.
- Open Settings.
- Tap your name.
- Tap "iCloud."
- Click your iPhone in the list of devices.
- Tap "iCloud Backup."
- Select "Back Up Now."
Now head to the store and get it fixed. Expect the process to take about an hour.