Case 1: Sexual Performance Pill
- Making Millions
- Steve Warshak is an entrepreneur. He's persuasive with sharp business skills. Warshak forms Berkeley Nutraceuticals. He markets a new herbal product to enhance the sex lives of millions of men... without having to get a doctor's prescription.
- It's billed as the "once daily tablet for natural male enhancement." Enzyte appears to be the herbal answer to Viagra. Customers believe and Enzyte sales soar. Steven Warshak's supplement business brings in $250 million. But, Warshak wants more.
- The Scam
- Customers place orders for Enzyte and receive the unexpected. Extra shipments and extra charges are appearing on their credit cards. Complaints ring into the call center. Buyers request credits to their accounts. Warshak's sales tactics are a scam to entrap customers.
- Illegal Billing
- Complaints against Berkeley Nutraceuticals catch the attention of law enforcement. Federal authorities investigate. They believe Warshak and his top execs took $100 million without customers' consent by repeatedly billing their credit cards for refills they didn't order.
* Enzyte is still on the market. The product itself was never deemed harmful to consumers... just Berkeley's business practices. A new company called Vianda has purchased Enzyte.
Case 2: Kirk Wright
- Hedge Fund Superstar
- Atlanta hedge fund manager Kirk Wright is building a financial empire with his company, International Management Associates. Wright produces astronomical returns on investments. The company attracts new investors.
- The Clientele
- His clients are doctors, professionals... and football players. He hires former Denver Defensive star Steve Atwater to recruit NFL players. They invest with IMA. Wright claims to have a secret recipe for stock market success. But, he won't tell investors what it is.
- The Lifestyle
- International Management Associates grows to $84 million under Kirk Wright's personal direction. He lavishes attention on investors and potential clients. He spends on himself too, buying a new house, Bentley, Jaguar and Aston Martin cars. But some clients are becoming wary of Wright.
- End Game
- IMA statements look good on paper, but the company is sustaining big losses. The staff demands answers. Wright gives investors the runaround. The football players realize they're being ripped off and Kirk Wright is about to get blitzed!