- Sholam Weiss
- The story begins in Brooklyn, NY when 20-year-old Sholam Weiss buys a modest plumbing supply company and turns it into a million dollar business. But in addition to sharpening his business skills, Weiss is learning the art of the con.
- National Heritage Life Insurance
- The owners of the Orlando, Fl based company are funneling company money into their own pockets. But they need help and Sholam Weiss is just the man to provide assistance. Together they find new ways to bilk the company. When all is said and done, they take $450 million from National Heritage.
- The Investigation
- Authorities become suspicious. An investigation is underway. Weiss and three others tied to National Heritage go on trial for what turns out to be the largest collapse of an insurance company due to fraud in U.S. history.
- The Sentence
- Sholam Weiss was sentenced to a staggering 845 years…the longest sentence ever for a white-collar crime. But Weiss didn't stick around to take his punishment. He became a fugitive.