SMITHFIELD, Va., Oct. 24, 2012 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Smithfield Foods, Inc. (NYSE:SFD) today announced a new interactive website, SmithfieldFoods.com, focusing on sharing "good food" with audiences by celebrating the connections made when gathering around the table, exchanging ideas for preparing food for special occasions and providing practical information that's easy to find.
The new website will be a great resource in telling the Smithfield Foods company story by focusing on their 12 core brands and engaging all audiences to learn more about the delicious packaged meats the company produces.
The new SmithfieldFoods.com will include:
- A brands page focused on the 12 core brands, including Smithfield®, Eckrich®, Farmland®, Armour®, Cook's®, Gwaltney®, John Morrell®, Kretschmar®, Curly's®, Carando®, Margherita®, and Healthy Ones®, giving consumers an up-close look at product offerings and how to prepare them in their own kitchens.
- A feature page titled "Prepare to Share," which will be updated monthly to provide tips on food occasions, preparation and new recipe ideas showcasing favorite Smithfield Foods products such as spiral sliced ham, cocktail smokies, hickory smoked bacon or any of the company's other delicious product offerings.
- A media room that provides easy-to-find resources on topics of interest to reporters.
- A section devoted to current and potential investors.
- Access to ongoing employment opportunities at each of Smithfield's independent operating companies.
- An interactive, easy-to-navigate organizational chart.
"Good food is about more than the actual product. It's also about who you share it with, and the memories you make together. We are proud that our products are a part of something so important and are very excited to enhance those experiences through our new website," said C. Larry Pope, president and chief executive officer of Smithfield Foods.
The new SmithfieldFoods.com utilizes an exciting, fresh design filled with engaging, regularly updated content that provides ideas for preparing and sharing the good food Smithfield Foods is proud to produce. The website joins the company's variety of interactive online and social media platforms for communicating regularly with its many varied audiences.
About Smithfield Foods
Smithfield Foods is a $13 billion global food company and the world's largest pork processor and hog producer. In the United States, the company is also the leader in numerous packaged meats categories with popular brands including Smithfield®, Eckrich®, Farmland®, Armour®, Cook's®, Gwaltney®, John Morrell®, Kretschmar®, Curly's®, Carando®, Margherita®, and Healthy Ones®. Smithfield Foods is committed to providing good food in a responsible way and maintains robust animal care, community involvement, employee safety, environmental, and food safety and quality programs. For more information, visit www.smithfieldfoods.com and www.smithfieldcommitments.com.
The Smithfield Foods, Inc. logo is available at http://www.globenewswire.com/newsroom/prs/?pkgid=7622
CONTACT: Keira Lombardo Smithfield Foods, Inc. (757) 365-3050 firstname.lastname@example.org
Source:Smithfield Foods, Inc.