HOUSTON, Oct. 30, 2012 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- BMC Software (Nasdaq:BMC) today launched BMC MyIT, a revolutionary new enterprise software solution that empowers employees to take personal control over the delivery of the IT services and information they need -- anytime, anywhere, from any device. See the demo.
A social media version of this release that includes photos, video clips, and additional quotes and background material, is available at http://www.globenewswire.com/mpr/bmc/10010093.html?d=10010093
Speaking about the new solution, Abraham Galan, CIO at energy giant PEMEX, said: "PEMEX will be among the first companies in the world to deliver BMC Software's MyIT solution – in our case, that means more than 75,000 IT users. Employees are demanding a much better service experience than many IT organizations have been able to provide. PEMEX has been a leader in this area, and we believe that BMC's MyIT will reduce our cost of service delivery and enable us to compete more effectively, both for markets and for talent. BMC MyIT is an extraordinary piece of software that represents exactly what IT organizations need today."
Frustration with company IT departments is a widely shared communal experience. Forrester Research reports that just 35 percent of business decision-makers say IT provides "high quality, timely end user support." What's more, employees are increasingly circumventing their IT organizations in search of faster IT support and problem resolution.
"The IT people and non-IT people sometimes talk two different languages, and it's hard to cross that barrier. In fact, a lot of times there's this unfounded fear of IT because the users typically don't get the information they need, or don't understand it when it is given to them," said Robert Stinnett, senior analyst at Carfax. "MyIT solves this universal problem."
The gap in expectations between enterprise IT organizations and employees also is evident in social media channels. A recent online search using Radian 6 showed more than 3.8 million posts emanating from individuals seeking help or expressing frustration regarding corporate IT issues they were experiencing -- in just one week.
"Today, in a powerful irony, an employee's personal IT experience is much better than their IT experience at work, yet they're forced to relinquish the productive value of their personal IT when they go to work," said Kia Behnia, BMC's chief technology officer. "The 'demand signal' for change from millions of company employees around the world is unmistakable. Employees want IT organizations that provide a modern "store front" for IT services and information delivery and a "genius bar" ability to manage and control the IT services and information they need to do their jobs. IT organizations must respond to this change, and MyIT is the bridge that connects their industrialized infrastructure with the needs and expectations of their fellow employees."
Joe Pucciarelli, vice president and IT executive advisor at IDC, said: "The best consumer IT companies have taught people to expect a lot from their IT experience. In their personal lives, people experience IT in intensely personal, highly mobile, very productive ways. But as they cross the bridge from personal IT to enterprise IT, much of that is lost as companies strive to balance access with risk -- often without adequate resources. What employees receive instead is often compromised in comparison to what they have in their personal lives."
"The result is what IDC calls IT Friction – the rising cost in both hard dollar costs and lost productivity as individuals struggle to use a combination of corporate, third-party and personal IT platforms across offices, homes, planes, trains and hotels," Pucciarelli continued. "IDC believes IT Friction adds 10-20 percent to an employee's workload – that's a material fraction of a typical work week that's lost to IT Friction. It's easy to see why employees want a much more integrated, responsive and flexible computing experience. New technologies such as BMC Software's MyIT will be very popular with both IT departments and the employees they support."
The BMC MyIT solution delivers significant operational benefits and resolves many expensive, interlocking problems:
- Reduced IT Service Costs. The combination of self-service, process automation and the right employee-facing UI slash the IT costs associated with resolving trouble tickets – as much as 25 percent in large companies.
- Much Better Productivity. IT Friction is reduced dramatically as the BMC MyIT solution allows employees to focus on productivity and value creation rather than fixing IT problems. With MyIT, employees are in the driver's seat, fully empowered to specify and manage their own personalized IT service and information delivery – anywhere, anytime, using any device. Services and information required by individual employees are immediately updated as new information comes online or an employee's location changes.
- Much Happier Employees. The BMC MyIT solution takes an employee's positive experience with IT in their personal lives and extends it into their work life. Immediate access to the right services and context-aware content, unhampered by old-line IT processes, drives enhanced job satisfaction and productivity at a time when the ability to recruit and retain top talent is crucial to success.
- Stronger IT Organizations. The demands of IT's rapidly consumerizing "front end" and the explosion of new devices to be supported represent a huge challenge for IT organizations, most of which are struggling to deliver legacy services via traditional, under-resourced service models. IT professionals want to work in a modern, accessible IT organization that really powers the business. MyIT helps IT organizations build a bridge to the future – delivering what employees demand while guaranteeing the controls and security needed to safeguard company interests.
The BMC MyIT solution can be used from any device, delivering a personalized portfolio of technology and services to each individual employee, including a content locker, mobile corporate app store and other location-aware services and solutions. MyIT integrates with the BMC Remedy IT Service Management Suite and will bring the power of Business Service Management to employees in companies around the world.
For more information about BMC and the BMC MyIT solution, please visit:
- How does it work?
- A day in the life with MyIT
- Everyone has a story to tell
- Customer testimonials
- What industry analysts are saying
- Follow @myit on Twitter
- Follow the On the Mark is blog
- Become a fan of BMC on Facebook
Business runs better when IT runs at its best.
Tens of thousands of IT organizations around the world -- from small and mid-market businesses to the Global 100 -- rely on BMC Software (Nasdaq:BMC) to manage their business services and applications across distributed, mainframe, virtual and cloud environments. BMC helps customers cut costs, reduce risk and achieve business objectives with the broadest choice of IT management solutions, including industry-leading Business Service Management and Cloud Management offerings. For the four fiscal quarters ended June 30, 2012, BMC revenue was approximately $2.2 billion. For more information about BMC Software, visit www.bmc.com.
BMC, BMC Software, and the BMC Software logo are the exclusive properties of BMC Software Inc., are registered with the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office, and may be registered or pending registration in other countries. All other BMC trademarks, service marks, and logos may be registered or pending registration in the U.S. or in other countries. All other trademarks or registered trademarks are the property of their respective owners. © Copyright 2012 BMC Software, Inc.
The BMC Software, Inc. logo is available at http://www.globenewswire.com/newsroom/prs/?pkgid=15095
Source:BMC Software, Inc.