CHICAGO, Oct. 30, 2012 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Standard Parking Corporation (Nasdaq:STAN), one of the nation's leading providers of parking management, ground transportation and other ancillary services, today announced several contract awards for its SP Plus® Airport Services and SP Plus® Municipal operating divisions. The deals include awards from Dayton International Airport, Jacksonville International Airport, Buffalo-Niagara & Niagara Falls International Airports and Cincinnati / Northern Kentucky International Airport, as well as municipal parking services awards from the City of Harrisburg, Pa. and the City of Oxford, Miss.
Details of the newly announced awards:
- Dayton International Airport awarded Standard Parking a five year management contract for the Airport's public parking facilities, valet parking, shuttle bus and taxi starter services, commencing November 1st. The 7,500 space parking operation encompasses a multi-level parking structure, several surface lots, and a curbside valet operation. Standard Parking will provide a fleet of new buses to support the Airport's shuttle services, allowing for an enhanced customer experience.
- Jacksonville International Airport awarded Standard Parking a five year contract to provide valet parking services. Standard commenced operation of this high-profile valet service on October 1st. Additional services will include on-site vehicle washing and detailing.
- Cincinnati/Northern Kentucky International Airport renewed Standard Parking's agreement to provide parking, shuttle and curbside valet services for an additional five year term beginning December 1st. Standard Parking will manage 14,000 parking spaces, including a 7,500 space public garage, a 21 shuttle bus operation that transports customers and airport employees, as well as the Airport's curbside valet service.
- Buffalo-Niagara International & Niagara Falls International Airports selected Standard Parking for a five year renewal to provide its parking and shuttle transportation services. The operation includes over 9,800 spaces and 20 shuttle buses. Buffalo-Niagara International will be adding an additional 1,000 parking spaces of capacity in 2013. As part of its services, Standard Parking will develop a multi-faceted marketing program focusing on customer convenience and frequent parker programs.
- SP Plus® Municipal Services, the parking operator on the "Harrisburg First" team that includes Guggenheim Partners and AEW North America-AEW Capital Management, LLP, has been selected by the City of Harrisburg to enter into final negotiations for a long term concession agreement to operate and manage all of the City's on-street and off-street parking assets. The parking assets are comprised of approximately 9,000 off-street parking spaces in ten garages and five surface lots, and 1,250 on-street metered spaces. The Company expects to commence operations under the agreement in early 2013.
- On October 1st, SP Plus® Municipal Services began providing on-street parking enforcement and citation processing services for the City of Oxford, Miss. The Company provides its services for 407 on-street parking spaces and also issues citations in connection with handicapped, loading zone and fire hydrant parking restrictions.
Standard Parking's President and Chief Executive Officer, James A. Wilhelm, stated, "These contract awards confirm the value that our clients place on our experienced and respected team of parking management professionals. We take pride in our ability to craft effective and comprehensive solutions to meet our clients' needs, and will focus intensely on excellence in the execution of our operating plans to ensure that the services provided for these airports and municipalities meet the highest expectations of our clients and their customers." Wilhelm concluded by noting, "I'm also pleased that our team was able to add and retain this business while we at the same time were in the process of closing our Central Parking merger and undertaking the integration. It is a credit to our organizational depth and the thoroughness of our merger planning efforts."
About Standard Parking Corporation
Standard Parking is a leading national provider of parking facility management, ground transportation and other ancillary services. Including Central Parking Corporation, its wholly-owned subsidiary, the Company has approximately 26,000 employees and manages more than 4,200 facilities with more than 2.2 million parking spaces in hundreds of cities across North America. The operations include parking-related and shuttle bus operations serving more than 75 airports. USA Parking System, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Central Parking, is one of the premier valet operators in the nation with more four and five diamond luxury properties, including hotels and resorts, than any other valet competitor. More information is contained at www.standardparking.com and www.centralparking.com.
About SP Plus®
The Company's broad range of competencies within the various vertical markets is reflected through its SP Plus® brand, which includes market designations for SP Plus® Airport Services, SP Plus® Event Services, SP Plus® Gameday, SP Plus® Healthcare Services, SP Plus® Hotel Services, SP Plus® Municipal Services, SP Plus® Office Services, SP Plus® Residential Services, SP Plus® Retail Services and SP Plus® University Services. The Company's SP Plus® Transportation, SP Plus® Maintenance and SP Plus® Security Services product offerings augment the Company's core parking management services. More information is contained at www.spplus.com.
CONTACT: Media Contact: Michael K. Wolf (312) 274-2070 firstname.lastname@example.org
Source:Standard Parking Corporation